5K     0 

Which transit plan do you prefer?

• Transit City

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • Ford City

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
They are risking their necks

Polls have been showing for over a year that Public Transit was the #1 PRIORITY for Torontonians
Polls have been showing that Public Transit was #1 electoral Issue
Torontonian voted for Ford and his Plan

He has all the legitimacy to speak on behalf of Toronto.
If the province refuse, sure they can.
But they are risking their seats in Toronto.

If you believe one second people won't punish the liberal for denying them subways, YOU ARE DREAMING!!!!!!!!!

No, because as Lafard stated, tonight's election shows that people actually don't give a sh*t about transit, because nothing Ford is offering up is worth anything. Tonight, has actually shown that the Car is still king in Toronto, and will continue to be...

SO, in conclusion, there will be no Subways for you.. and no Transit expansion for anyone here... And, the exaggerated reports on Toronto's traffic congestion being worse than LA's, will no longer need to be embellished and will, in fact, be worse.

But, that's the Toronto the majority of people want. I myself, looked forward to a transit oriented green city, with responsible people, worried about their carbon print on the planet.

But hey, don't forget to pick up 3 bags of garbage every week or there will be hell to pay!

Last edited:
The political reality bus clearly left without you.

Really? You got a strong ssense of Transit from Ford's campaign? I looked for it in each debate and release, and I didn't see it much.. only when some people forced the topic on him, did he say anything. He didn't even mention it tonight.

Lafard has this one pegged. People don't want to spend money. And don't give a F about transit.

So when are you moving?

In January, to London UK, for you see, as an Liberal Elite living downtown, my job is quite high paying and affords me the luxuires of being able to pick up and leave onto greener pastures.

But... i'll keep my eye on Toronto and see how it changes.. I can always come back if it gets its act together.. as it stands now, its will never be where everyone on this forum thinks or wants it to be. The suburbs will continue to hold back its full potential.

But I will always have a soft spot for it.. I suppose. Like remembering back to one's first girlfriend.

Really? You got a strong ssense of Transit from Ford's campaign? I looked for it in each debate and release, and I didn't see it much.. only when some people forced the topic on him, did he say anything. He didn't even mention it tonight.

Lafard has this one pegged. People don't want to spend money. And don't give a F about transit.
Don't get me wrong -- I could see nothing getting done or started in the next four years and Ford calling it a necessary delay in these fiscally prudent times (or some such spiel), but I do think TC is essentially dead right now.

In January, to London UK, for you see, as an Liberal Elite living downtown, my job is quite high paying and affords me the luxuires of being able to pick up and leave onto greener pastures.

But... i'll keep my eye on Toronto and see how it changes.. I can always come back if it gets its act together.. as it stands now, its will never be where everyone on this forum thinks or wants it to be. The suburbs will continue to hold back its full potential.

But I will always have a soft spot for it.. I suppose. Like remembering back to one's first girlfriend.
As a suburbanite who was born in the city, I find that line of thinking to be myopic and counterproductive.

Enjoy London.

Funny that, because I feel like we've just been screwed.

Well, maybe Ford won't be all that bad.. I'm hoping not.. I really do want the Eglinton line to continue, because I plan on moving back here in 4 - 6 years and was hoping it would be well underway. (and would like to live in the Y&E area again)

Last edited:
Ford already backed down on his promise to repeal the Land Transfer Tax. Game. Set. Match, daydreamer. Stick with 'Suaga and your geriatric mayor.

Really? That's good news.

I prefer a city with revenue from many different income sources simply for stability. A small sales tax would be a good addition too (0.5%) with a matching dollar decrease in property tax revenue.

Don't get me wrong -- I could see nothing getting done or started in the next four years and Ford calling it a necessary delay in these fiscally prudent times (or some such spiel), but I do think TC is essentially dead right now.

As a suburbanite who was born in the city, I find that line of thinking to be myopic and counterproductive.

Enjoy London.

Well its true, you have the downtowners who mostly want the place to be NYC, Paris, London, HK or even Chicago.. and then you have the growing suburbs and 905 who don't care at all about that stuff and just want their 2 car garage, front and back lawn and a home depot/walmart to drive to on weekends to get their patio furniture(which is fine, but not at all in line with downtown culture). As long as this divide keeps growing, there won't be a better Toronto.

Well its true, you have the downtowners who mostly want the place to be NYC, Paris, London, HK or even Chicago.

Hmm. There aren't very many cities more car oriented than Chicago. Those high-rises aren't filled by people riding Metra or the 'L', they're filled by the grid of 12 lane streets (4 lane, 3 stacked layers). Get out of the primped and quite expensive portion of the city and you find a lot of single detached houses.

I gotta admit though that I still get a kick out of the coffee shop on Ontario Street with $1 coffee and $12 valet parking.

Well its true, you have the downtowners who mostly want the place to be NYC, Paris, London, HK or even Chicago.. and then you have the growing suburbs and 905 who don't care at all about that stuff and just want their 2 car garage, front and back lawn and a home depot/walmart to drive to on weekends to get their patio furniture(which is fine, but not at all in line with downtown culture). As long as this divide keeps growing, there won't be a better Toronto.
It's not so much a problem with the suburbs as a problem with people in general. Everyone's too obsessed with having their own "perfect" self-contained lives, and so are unwilling to spend money on making the community better. Imagine if we all cut out half our payckecks to go towards public works and social security? You might be out of luck in getting your second bigscreen TV, but we'll have proper public transit, money to help small businesses, and beautiful public works. It's a shame people don't hold this view, preferring to hoard all their money into things they really don't need.

Back