News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Excuse me for being a bit of a neophyte to the transit discussion, but is this guy really that influential?

Yes and no. He even boasted on his blog a while back that he coined the name "Transit City"; that they called him looking for a name/slogan.

Having said that, recently he has become his own worst enemy. Many of the senior planners at the Toronto Transit Commission and Metrolinx no longer pay any attention to him.

Having said that, recently he has become his own worst enemy. Many of the senior planners at the Toronto Transit Commission and Metrolinx no longer pay any attention to him.
Are you sure about that. I thought it was only after his January 21, 2009 presentation to the TTC regarding the Yonge Extension and the DRL, that the Comission and then Council seriously started considering, and then requiring the downtown relief line be constructed as a condition of extending the Yonge line. His advocacy regarding subway extension seems to have been part of what has pushed it back to the front-burner.

Are you sure about that. I thought it was only after his January 21, 2009 presentation to the TTC regarding the Yonge Extension and the DRL, that the Comission and then Council seriously started considering, and then requiring the downtown relief line be constructed as a condition of extending the Yonge line. His advocacy regarding subway extension seems to have been part of what has pushed it back to the front-burner.

Coincidence -- it was heading in that direction anyway because of the cost of retrofitting B-Y.

Last edited:
Coincidence -- it was heading in that direction anyway because of the cost of retrofitting B-Y.

I know for a fact that he was rejected from the Metrolinx advisory committee. Also, it strikes me as quite odd that someone who is regarded as a transit God/know-it-all in blogsphere was never offered a position at the TTC or Metrolinx as a senior planner....

That's enough. As I have had to say before, it is fine to criticise the arguments put forth by Steve Munro. I disagree with a lot of what he has to say myself. However, some of what you write borders on slander. I ask that you use your best judgement and edit your comment above. (Particuarly, comments about his appearance.)

Munro wrote on his own blog that he was rejected from the Metrolinx advisory committee and his own cynicism towards it. His positions on transit are much more sophisticated than many of his critics or fans realize. Hence, he wrote that he supports the DRL, all the way to Don Mills and Eglinton. He has been very critical of the TTC's route management and project management.

Also, sometimes it's better to be a independant, outside critic than to shut up and deal with office politics on the inside.

Last edited:
I've edited my comment so I suggest you edit your quote, but if you want to get a job in a professional organization like the TTC or Metrolinx, you have to look professional ... OK?!

Blogging about stuff isn't more effective than working on the inside and actually making changes happen.

Last edited:
Blogging about stuff isn't more effective than working on the inside and actually making changes happen.

As I have found out, blogging about stuff can lead to the opportunity to make stuff happen. You have two identical applicants but one lives and breaths the work that he does... Who are you going to hire?

With my long hair I guess I can never get a professional job then. I feel sorry for all the women out there who can't be professional because they aren't lesbian.

As I have found out, blogging about stuff can lead to the opportunity to make stuff happen. You have two identical applicants but one lives and breaths the work that he does... Who are you going to hire?

Well, if that's the case, why do you think Mr. Munro was never offered a position at the TTC or Metrolinx?

Well, if that's the case, why do you think Mr. Munro was never offered a position at the TTC or Metrolinx?

We could speculate until the cows come home. I choose not to. All I know is the stuff that happened to me.

With my long hair I guess I can never get a professional job then. I feel sorry for all the women out there who can't be professional because they aren't lesbian.

That depends -- does your hair reach your ass? Or, is your beard out to HERE?

Hey, people like that can help shift the course of Canadian history
200px-Chuck_Cadman,_2005_budget_vote.jpg

Back