News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Washington, DC has these posters on their Metro.

4589046605_7a4497dcc3_b.jpg

Fortunately, we don't seem to have a problem with rats even though people eat on our subway. We do have problems with litter, though. I suppose that could fixed by hiring some homeless people to sweep trains when they arrive at termini.

Fortunately, we don't seem to have a problem with rats even though people eat on our subway.

Haven't you ever looked down into the tracks? Every so often, people are taken aback when they see skinny-tailed vermin scurrying about down there (though often more in a "cute" or "oh wow" sense than as something creepy)

Speaking of pigeons

Haven't you ever looked down into the tracks? Every so often, people are taken aback when they see skinny-tailed vermin scurrying about down there (though often more in a "cute" or "oh wow" sense than as something creepy)

Well, notice that I didn't say that we don't have rats, just that they're not a problem. (I, like many, have seen them at a few downtown stations.) They were a problem in New York when people started seeing big ones on platforms and even trains.

Back