News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

really excited about this one! Should go up pretty quickly because they don't have to dig too many floors deep for parking right?

i'm glad there's no parking involved with this building. city hall needs to reduce the mandatory number of parking spaces per unit - it's killing our streets, and making developments more expensive.

Does anyone know what the rational is behind the mandatory parking spaces? Why does city hall feel that it needs to step in to make sure future residents have access to parking? Shouldn't that be a financial/marketing decision made by the developers?

Too bad the size and quality of floor plan layouts leave a lot to be desired, especially when matched with the prices.

I don't think any parking should be mandated by the city, especially for condos south of Bloor Street. The area is well served by public transit. For example, according to Stats Canada, over 80 % of those living between Yonge, Jarvis, Bloor and Carleton get to work by transit, foot, or bike. Actually, I'm astonished that developers can charge $35k or more plus another $40-$50 per month for a personal parking space. Note that the condo on the south side of Carleton, just east of Yonge Street, reduced their parking garage by one level due to insufficient demand.

Another Toronto landmark with that exquisite Flemmish cross-bond brickwork bites the dust.

I predict that many parking spots in condos will be "caged" and turned into storage for owners. The extra storage is valuable.

Back