News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

kettal

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/wall.php?id=172850896749&page=1&hash=3825880f30a4719c0df1adb7bf665377

Facebook sure is full of bright individuals. Let's see what they have to say about the TTC fare hike?

S. O. (University of Toronto) wrote
at 10:47am
F'in TTC. If you make our experience better, then I'll gladly pay more. However, if you just keep hiking up the fucking prices and have the same crappy service and crappy buses and crappy stations, then I will have to get a car. Oh, and stop jacking up the prices for gas. That's not going to prevent people from driving their vehicles. Why would they if the other option is to take the ttc and endure their mediocre service. Fcuk. I'll bike everywhere like my coworker if both options get way too fucking expensive.
It's the TTC who is responsible for the rise in world oil prices, didn't you know??

J. L. (Toronto, ON) wrote
at 8:48am
So my 20 month old had an absolute fit on the queen streetcar last night because I wouldn't allow her to play on the filthy TTC floor.The driver stops the damn streetcar to ask me "is she going to be alright? First of all,clearly he could see I wanted to get home ASAP to deal with this matter.Stopping the streetcar to ask ridiculous questions is NOT resolving this problem.My kids having a temper tantrum and this idiot is acting as if I just abused her or something...Just an example of our charming TTC operators and how FUCKING IGNORANT they are!!!
Yeah it must suck when a driver shows some concern about his passengers safety.

B. O. (Toronto, ON) wrote
at 3:43am
My point is that while it makes sense to be upset with the most expensive transit system in the world for providing substandard service it is essential that we make or grievances known to the upper echelons of power. A fare strike might raise awareness but a concerted effort to raise SPECIFIC demands (including fair treatment for TC workers) will be most beneficial in the long run.
TTC is the most expensive transit fare in the world*!!!!! *not including the world north of Steeles, or south of Lake Ontario, or east of the Rouge River, or west of Etobicoke Creek.... but other than that, the world!!!

With the amount of ignorance going around, it's no wonder people are angry. God only knows where these "truths" come from...

Last edited:
Those responses sounds like the type who hangs out in newspaper discussion forums - and as I have found out lately - gym locker rooms.

AoD

I'm adjusting my patience to it, but it is true; the outcry from these "mofos" has been ravaging for the last 10 years! Grow up and live with it, and experience the slow but gradual change. And kettal, you thought I was the worse one among them.

I'm adjusting my patience to it, but it is true; the outcry from these "mofos" has been ravaging for the last 10 years! Grow up and live with it, and experience the slow but gradual change. And kettal, you thought I was the worse one among them.

I apologise if I offended you. I just have a problem with the whole "TTC is the worst service on the planet" attitude which is so prevalent.

I apologise if I offended you. I just have a problem with the whole "TTC is the worst service on the planet" attitude which is so prevalent.

Ya its cool; because being someone from other side of Pacific, this would have been a nightmare to me. But living in Mississauga for 10 years, it was painful long time to adjust to slow lifestyle.

I'm not too excited about a fare increase, myself, but I don't understand the number of people who aren't directing their irritation towards the federal and/or provincial governments. The TTC could be more efficient, I'm sure, but it could also be properly funded.

I'm not too excited about a fare increase, myself, but I don't understand the number of people who aren't directing their irritation towards the federal and/or provincial governments. The TTC could be more efficient, I'm sure, but it could also be properly funded.

Agreed. Nobody likes to pay more for anything, or pay more taxes, but when the city and our transit system are both bankrupt something has to give. Having a semi-illiterate online temper tantrum is of no use if you can't propose an alternative solution. A modest fare increase beats service cuts, which are self-defeating and lead to a spiral of fewer riders/fewer fares/more cuts.

Taking the TTC still costs a fraction of what it costs to own and operate a car: I could buy a monthly pass for less than half what it used to cost me to simply insure my car. Some adult perspective is needed.

So my 20 month old had an absolute fit on the queen streetcar last night because I wouldn't allow her to play on the filthy TTC floor.The driver stops the damn streetcar to ask me "is she going to be alright?

Sounds like a nice guy looking out for his passengers. Talk about defensive.

dirty floor

who makes the dirty floor. not us streetcar operators, it's passengers who do it. the cars are cleaned daily, i see the bags of garbage every night. a lot of us care about the system and work hard for it. as for the operator who cared enough to ask, good for them, i've had people taken off my streetcars in ambulances with medical distress all because somebody helped

I checked again, and even more great insight from the populace!!

H. D. wrote
at 8:43pm
I think this is disgusting don't the TTC make enough money already now they want to raise the fares again sooner or later its going to be too expensive to ride the TTC then we will have no other choice to drive our cars and I thought the TTC was the better way
The TTC makes so much money, it's like #20 on the Fortune 500 Index.

S. R. wrote
at 12:00am
I can't believe you have to pay at all for that shit - totally unreliable. They should actually bring the fares down then maybe non believers like me would use it more often. That's how they would get more dough too: More users.
That's exactly what I think when I'm in an over-stuffed subway train: wouldn't it be great if there were an extra 200 people in this train?

Those monkeys never cease to amuse me.

Check out this link (same Facebook, more haters)
http://www.facebook.com/wall.php?id=172850896749&page=1&hash=3825880f30a4719c0df1adb7bf665377

Andrew Szeto

Read this article and don't tell me you're not outraged! www.thestar.com/comment/article/722445 TTC is raising its price by 15% so we can pay some fuckface $30/h to drive the bus and their janitors to drive their BMWs? Thats right, their fuckin janitors drive BMWs! THIS IS FUCKIN REDICULOUS! No wonder we see price incr...ease every fuckin year and yet to see any improvements; because all OUR HARD EARNED MONEY are going towards those fuckin unionized pigs. AND HOW FAIR IS THAT? People who's making minimum wage has been exploited more than enough already in this god damn society, we need to start fighting back, whether it be protests, riots, vandalism. The saying "when the rich wage war, its the poor who dies" need to end NOW!

Oh, the pity. You will always have poor among you, but you will not always have me [TTC Rider like everyone else].

David Lo

I love it when I'm late for classes because the fucking driver goes and gets a fucking donut.

Oh boy! Who doesn't like the smell of the donuts in the morning? No breakfast goes without a good cup of coffee and a donut. Why not give him a Kit-Kat then?

Kenrick 'Twiinstar' Phillip

fuckin dumb bus drivers act like tall people dont exist. Just because I was 6ft when i was 12 doesnt mean i have to pay student fair,and now i kno people in my high school who have beards and get away with paying child because there short. Damn bus drivers cheese me,its no wonder why they get beat up.

HAHAHAHAHAH!

No comment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geez, who said TTC IS the only way? Take the car if you want. I am a student too, and I never grumble anything about the fare (even though I agree they are excessive at most).

Last edited by a moderator:
the lack of understanding is astounding sometimes. a quick look at any other system in north america will tell you that the economy certainly isn't doing them any favors, couple that with the constant lack of adequate funding from the feds and the province and you've got a recipe for fare hikes and declining service.

what always rubs me the wrong way is this animosity towards the "lazy, overpaid union employees". Granted the union system can produce the occasional grossly overpaid token booth clerk, but these same critics will then decry the competence and service level provided by them. think about it, is lowering the wages and benefits suddenly going to sweep in a bright and talented new crop of dedicated employees? HELL NO. If "TTC Employee" stops being a career option, you'll see an even swifter decline into a system run like a McDonalds franchise, and nobody wants that.

Anyone who has a problem with the cost/value equation for the TTC is more than welcome to move to Durham Region and experience the glory that is DRT.

I love these! Keep them coming!

It's not worth my breath but to the one hater on this very forum.

Don't forget the TTC has one of the lowest subsidy rates in North America (I'm sure it's the lowest for any large system) and recoups the most revenue from it's fair boxes.

Right off the back, any argument about inefficiencies goes straight out the door just with that one fact. I'm not saying cuts can't be made, maybe even a lot of them, but compared to every other system in North America - clearly we're a lot more efficient then them.

^^ Again not a good or bad thing, but a fact.

what always rubs me the wrong way is this animosity towards the "lazy, overpaid union employees".
It seems to me that such animosity is usually on the part of someone who hasn't achieved the same pay or job security level themselves. Sheer jealousy, in other words.

Back