News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

just out of curiosity, i noticed that most bus stops are now equipped with the solar panel type bus shelter, would the ttc be able to save some money by only installing them at major bus stops (i.e. at major intersections only)? for regular stops, a bench would be good enough imo. and just like reaperexpress said, i think the nextbus system should be fitted on major bus routes and stops, especially at subway stations where there are connecting bus routes (i.e. finch, sheppard, don mills, etc.)

just out of curiosity, i noticed that most bus stops are now equipped with the solar panel type bus shelter, would the ttc be able to save some money by only installing them at major bus stops (i.e. at major intersections only)? for regular stops, a bench would be good enough imo. and just like reaperexpress said, i think the nextbus system should be fitted on major bus routes and stops, especially at subway stations where there are connecting bus routes (i.e. finch, sheppard, don mills, etc.)

What do you mean by solar panel type bus shelter?

My old YRT bus stop has a solar panel to power the lights inside, but they aren't that bright, and the bus doesn't run very late at night anyway, so it's not terribly useful.

Back