News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

It's a shame they haven't done anything with the floor of the station, especially the "gutter" where the grungy old floor slopes up to meet the bottom of the shiny new tiles.
They've clearly explained that the floor will be upgraded/replaced. The project still has a year or work left.

Last edited:
I really hate the new part, and really wished they kept at least some of the original design. It looks like a Catholic School from 1978 in the outer suburbs but I digress. where is the heritage committee on this?

I also cannot believe that half of the platform width was blocked off for so long, just to put new tiles on. Isn't that a thing you can do on your own over a weekend?

Most Importantly, where are the seats? What, we're not allowed to sit? cant we be trusted to sit? this IS like Catholic elementary school.

Last edited:
I really hate the new part, and really wished they kept at least some of the original design. It looks like a Catholic School from 1978 in the outer suburbs but I digress. where is the heritage committee on this?

I also cannot believe that half of the platform width was blocked off for so long, just to put new tiles on. Isn't that a thing you can do on your own over a weekend?

Most Importantly, where are the seats? What, we're not allowed to sit? cant we be trusted to sit? this IS like Catholic elementary school.

You deserve a gold star. Just like in Catholic Elementary School. Awesome post.

But seriously, where have all the seats gone? Has some TTC Committee decided that we're not entitled to seats anymore?

Or maybe they'll be installed shortly.

It only seams reasonable to install seats after they finish the flooring.

You deserve a gold star. Just like in Catholic Elementary School. Awesome post.

But seriously, where have all the seats gone? Has some TTC Committee decided that we're not entitled to seats anymore?

Or maybe they'll be installed shortly.

Are you serious? In a weekend?

The width has been blocked off for months for the tile installation. It's for the installation of new stairwells and elevators.

I may be wrong but I believe the part that was blocked off up until recently has no stairs, or anything except a newly badly tiled wall.

The concrete walls at the 2 new entrances have been erected so far.

But the tiles on the platform sucks. The green and the rectangular tiles looks better than those non colour square grey tiles, and that multicoloured crap they have added into it sucks too.

It looked better the way it was before, and for the public toilets look that's saying something!

Why are the renovations always so poor in design quality? They hire the world's best architects for relatively trivial stations on the periphery but the renovations of existing, established stations tend to be disappointing like the original Yonge-line stations.

April 17
The 2 new west station entrance are built and nearing completion once they are to go into service. Plain ties on the walls.

Work is underway for the north extension on Dufferin St.

From the quick look I saw of the new fare booth, not much has taken place since I last saw it a few months ago.

No new wall has been exposed since the last batch considering the west platform had a large section ready to open a few weeks ago and this is where the access to the west entrance is located.
8660944024_f58d81b37f_b.jpg

8659825543_040b7ea16b_b.jpg

8659845027_a87240eef0_b.jpg

8660944908_ee1e6c328f_b.jpg

Are you for real?? Fail construction 101

It not the standard tiles you buy off the shelf, but cinder blocks with conduits being built in them. You have to tear the old wall down first, fix any of the concrete support wall, update various items before you start brick laying the new tile wall so they match what supposed to look like in the first place. They screw up on the lettering already that had to be fix.

There is more going on behind the scene than you think.

As for seats, they could had them built into the wall like they do in Europe or with a slap like shelve.

The wall is out of places in many new areas and someone should rethink about that white area around the station name. Its in the right direction will in the wrong direction at the same time.

TTC "Better" not as us riders about closing the station like Pape to finishing the station sooner, as I will be there helping to string them up if they do.

It doesn't get any blander than those white square tiles. Our stations are important public spaces and pieces of urban infrastructure. They're not places that should look like public washrooms. Didn't the TTC learn that after all the criticism they received for their bland stations in the past?

It doesn't get any blander than those white square tiles. Our stations are important public spaces and pieces of urban infrastructure. They're not places that should look like public washrooms. Didn't the TTC learn that after all the criticism they received for their bland stations in the past?
lol you're funny.

TTC learning. Joke of the day.

Aug 24
The word is the exits for the station will be open on Monday.

Final touches and cleaning taking place Hording remove with a fence only blocking the opening. The signs are not hocked up.

The east steeps are a single flight while the west is double with a 90 degree turn. Too bad this is only an exit and was told by TTC lack of space prevented duel use.

3 elevators are going in and changes have been made to the new entrance. You will have to walk to the northern end of the expansion to access the station stairs. Those stair are about 100' inside and will have to due a 180 to go down them. The will be large elevator in this area with one where the current stairs are and one by Bloor St,

New rendering of the new entrance is posted at the station including across section.

The hording still up on the platforms are for the elevators.

West Stair
9588250308_0f816a9cfa_b.jpg

East Stair
9585455875_7e06d86b9a_b.jpg

9585455105_41f6521285_b.jpg

9588246530_af5e9a3489_b.jpg

Stair entrance near the west entrance
9588244056_b767401e42_b.jpg

So the elevators have to be in the paid zone, even though they start from the ground level and the fare collecting is downstairs.

Back