News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Except I'm pretty sure there was such a report, or at least that it was requested by Paula Fletcher. A google search is not bringing me up the result I expected though.

The Google Maps view looks to me like the "additions" are actually TTC structures - traction power related maybe?
View attachment 302952

The building this image is indeed a TTC power structure.

But its located largely at the east end of the terminal.

If you wanted to widen the entire platform by say 5M then as you get further west, you would need to encroach on the private property to the south.

What's to confirm? It clearly exists. The question is, will the TTC look at this for some stations or locations?

Unfortunately, the accountants will look at the pennies instead of the people who need it.

Not directly related to the current subway stations, but it looks like judging from initial Ontario Line renderings. They are showing two elevators that are going to platform level. That's huge, if it happens.

1615565554299.png

Not directly related to the current subway stations, but it looks like judging from initial Ontario Line renderings. They are showing two elevators that are going to platform level. That's huge, if it happens.

View attachment 305301
I'm sure the TTC would love to be able to have more than one elevator in stations however something to keep in mind in all of the older stations they are having to find space in a station that was never designed to have on in the first place. In many cases, they are having to work with other locations and buildings to incorporate the elevator in them.

I'm sure the TTC would love to be able to have more than one elevator in stations however something to keep in mind in all of the older stations they are having to find space in a station that was never designed to have on in the first place. In many cases, they are having to work with other locations and buildings to incorporate the elevator in them.
What is the long-term plan for TTC? They start installing additional elevators in Phase IV. Is the intention to add redundant elevators in all the stations?

What is the long-term plan for TTC? They start installing additional elevators in Phase IV. Is the intention to add redundant elevators in all the stations?
I highly doubt we will see any extra elevators installed in existing stations after they finish with them, unless they get a large amount of money given to them to do it.

I highly doubt we will see any extra elevators installed in existing stations after they finish with them, unless they get a large amount of money given to them to do it.

As @nfitz noted, the TTC is currently studying and will likely deliver redundant elevators at key stations.

From the 2020 Accessibility Plan, here: https://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Co...s/6_2020_Accessibility_Plan_Status_Update.pdf

1615633187442.png

I imagine you will see them at Y-B, at St. George and a few other spots over time.

As @nfitz noted, the TTC is currently studying and will likely deliver redundant elevators at key stations.

From the 2020 Accessibility Plan, here: https://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Co...s/6_2020_Accessibility_Plan_Status_Update.pdf

View attachment 305486
I imagine you will see them at Y-B, at St. George and a few other spots over time.
On top of that....

If you look at the various layout designs for the planned improvements to Bloor-Yonge, you'll see that they are already accounting for duplicated elevators throughout the station.

Dan

View attachment 305301
The standard these days is that you should always have 2 exits (of all kinds). Easier to do in new builds but difficult (sometimes impossible) in existing locations.

In a report to the next meeting of Infrastructure and Environment Ctte on March 23rd, the Transportation Dept is requesting delegating authority for road closures in support of the next 16 stations.

Link here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/ie/bgrd/backgroundfile-164882.pdf

Of note to me is that tenders for 10 of the elevator projects are set to be awarded this year. As per the schedule below:

1615907401795.png

Agreed, I would suspect that additional elevators would be installed at interchange stations or stations with very high elevator use. They should have data on this, given it's 2021!

Agreed, I would suspect that additional elevators would be installed at interchange stations or stations with very high elevator use. They should have data on this, given it's 2021!
There's no final list yet for Phase IV, but ACAT in November reported it was looking at Kipling, Osgoode, St. George, Sheppard West, Downsview Park, and also highlighted North York Centre, York Mills, and Yorkdale.

Back