News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

4535 was involved in a collision with an SUV today on Spadina.

IMGP6244.jpg
IMGP6251.jpg

4614 has enter service on 503 After being off loaded April 2

4615 is now over at Russell for SWIS work

4616 has finish its burn-in and testing

May 2
4615 has enter service on 503

4616 is over at Russell for SWIS

4617 was off loaded today at Hillcrest.

4616 has enter service on 503 after arriving April 16 which seem to be standard this year for route and 28 days. .None of the cars have yet to meet the current fleet services time or breaking the 20 day minimum time.

4617 is over at Russell for SWIS work and could be in service next week.

As a note, work has started on the centre tracks at Russell with the east side done, but not strung. TTC is taking their time string the areas were it is ready to be done,

If the current rate for the new cars, stay the same for rest of the year 36 out of the 60 on order will be here this year. This leaves 24 to come in 2025.

4618 is waiting to be off loaded at Hillcrest now.

If I remember correctly and stand to be corrected, TTC hasn't budget for this many cars this year with funding going in 2026. To pay the bills for these cars, the funds have to be cut from something in the system and what will it be??

With all 60 cars here next year, TTC will be hard press as to where to store them then let along today with Russell yard a 1/3 of the normal size until it is fully rebuilt. Even they, there is still no room until the new Hillcrest yard come on line by the looks of 2031. A lot of cars will be roaming at night time to free up what they can for the yards as well at Ex loop.

If I remember correctly and stand to be corrected, TTC hasn't budget for this many cars this year with funding going in 2026. To pay the bills for these cars, the funds have to be cut from something in the system and what will it be??
Presumably there's a delivery schedule, and if it's problematic, Alstom wouldn't be allowed to exceed it.

Weren't they under in 2023? Presumably the rate would be higher while they catch-up.

There always been underspend on the total of capital spent at TTC. I've no doubt that shuffling some budget around would solve.

Reactions: DSC
4617 has enter service on 503 and the fastest to date at 16 days.

4618 is still at Hillcrest for some unknown reason after being off loaded Thursday.

How many more streetcars are actually in service yet? I remember talk that while we were building and getting more streetcars, the TTC was not actually finding more drivers to actually use them in service at the same time?

How many more streetcars are actually in service yet? I remember talk that while we were building and getting more streetcars, the TTC was not actually finding more drivers to actually use them in service at the same time?
4663 will be the last one to arrived out of the 60 we are getting now. 15 have been delivered so far with 14 in service.

4618 that was off loaded Thursday is still at Hillcrest for some unknown reason.

As for drivers, I saw 2 training cars in a row at Russell a few weeks ago and haven't seen this before returning from training. What got me was seeing 16 trainees along with trainers getting off the cars after they were parked. Have never seen 8 trainees on one car at the same time with it been 1-3 in the past.

June 4
4618 has enter service on 503 today after 17 days. If it wasn't tor the fact it was held at Hillcrest until May 21, it would have been the fastest car to date to enter service. 16 days is the fastest so far.

4619 waiting to be off loaded

4619 was off loaded June 4 and is out doing testing and burn-in

4620 is at Lambton and will be off loaded this week.

Looks like a car every 2 week is showing up and this could see 36 LRV arriving this year, leaving only 14 for 2025. We may see the 2 missing cars at the very end as well.

The existing fleet is undergoing 8 year overhaul that will see them out of service over a month or so to do the work.

4620 was off loaded today that arrived on June 6 at Lambton yard

4619 is being ready for service and could be in service around June 25 that was off loaded June 5 unless it breaks the 20 day mark now the burn-in is done.

4619 still at Russell for SWIS work that arrived June 05 and nearing the day (June 24?) it will enter service as the fastest car so far.
4620 In the Barns service bays being prepare for service before moving over to Russell for SWIS work that arrived June 12
4621 was off loaded today and the 18th car so far out of 60 due by 2025

4619 has enter service on 501 today after arriving June 05 and the fast to date at 15 days. It was moved to track 22? at Russell early yesterday saying it was ready for service. It was moved to the service track late last night at the Barns. 16th new car to enter service with 46 to go to complete the order.

Both 4620 and 4621 are in the service bays at the Barns.

Back