News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Good morning! My real name is Luca (Luke in english) and I'm a 32 years old man from Milan. I am here because I have one dream. I'd like to be canadian forever and live in the GTA. I love to see Canadian trains on youtube for the moment because I haven't the right quantity of bucks for realize my dream, and I'd like to be updated of the news of the city that I love.

I am sorry for my gaffes, here on this post and on my future posts, but I am not a native english :rolleyes:

Hehehe! This is not a joke! It's my horrible english... :eek:

I am really italian, my real name is really Luca, I am really 32 years old, and I really have this dream from when I have 16 years old. I love canada for the behaviour of Canadians, cuz they respect me so much (i have italo-canadian coworkers), for big spaces because in Milan, as you can imagine, there aren't. I follow nhl (MAPLE LEAFS) and ARGOS, I hate everything about italy, and when I've got more money than now I will realize my only goal of my life. become Canadian. This is really true, and this desire comes from my soul.

I'd like to come back on topic. The new TTC streetcars are those I've seen on Thestar website one month later? Those are so good!

Thank you for your post! Thank you so much!

PS: my canadian coworkers agrees all with me when I tell them that I feel myself Canadian from 1996, and they encourage me for keep my dream and to realize it quickly!

Bye bye!

Well welcome to UT Luca. So glad that you could join us. It will be great to get some perspective and opinions from somebody outside of Canada.

I hope you're able to visit our city one day. Toronto is a great city and it's only becoming better, as im sure you know.

Well welcome to UT Luca. So glad that you could join us. It will be great to get some perspective and opinions from somebody outside of Canada.

I hope you're able to visit our city one day. Toronto is a great city and it's only becoming better, as im sure you know.

Aw, that's kinda cute. Welcome to UT.

Thank you so much guys! I'd like to show ya italian bombardier train. It's more or less like Go Train diesel, and it's the train that I usually take for come to work. This is my last OT. I promise.

image.jpg
image.jpg

What do you think about? It's the same of gotrains cars or not?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:
Thank you so much guys! I'd like to show ya italian bombardier train. It's more or less like Go Train diesel, and it's the train that I usually take for come to work. This is my last OT. I promise.

What do you think about? It's the same of gotrains cars or not?

Never rode them while in in your country this year, but it look nice. I like the front compare to ours, but there are better ones out there.

If its setup is like most of the the other DD I rode in other countries this summer, they have less seating than our DD cars.

Do they have flip up seats on the lower level to store bikes, strollers and accessibility people that I saw on the other DD?

The stairs are different from our, as yours are a full flight while ours are a 2 level. I always like the info displays since they provide a lot more info than anything I have seen in NA which GO doesn't have on their cars.

You can see the various rolling stock photos I shot on my link below by typing in "photos of Italy Railway" or any of the 9 countries around you that I have up on the site at this time. The last few countries I hope will be up within the next week to finish off my Europe Tour trip. You can find them also under my "Europe 2012 Trip Collection" There also videos and photos of various trams on both sites and looks like I shot more videos of them than photos.

+1.

Actually, why are there seats that face that way, period? Wouldn't it make more sense from a space efficiency standpoint to orient the seats so they were parallel to the window facing in? Another idea for crush loads would have been to raise the entire platform - including the corridor - and turned it into a large, standing area (with flip down seats parallel to the window). It's not like wheelchairs can fit through that narrow passageway, anyway.

:cool::cool::cool: woooowwwwwwwww!! What a streetcar! I cannot wait the day when I will take it too!! This kind of streetcar is very very cool, maybe with the air-cooler!

I've seen ur pics drum118! Those are awesome! It's wonderful that one Canadian Brother (for this sentence, please look at my signature) makes these reportages!

Last edited:
:cool::cool::cool: woooowwwwwwwww!! What a streetcar! I cannot wait the day when I will take it too!! This kind of streetcar is very very cool, maybe with the air-cooler!

I've seen ur pics drum118! Those are awesome! It's wonderful that one Canadian Brother (for this sentence, please look at my signature) makes these reportages!

Poor Luca - he's a Leaf fan. Should we tell him now or let him find out for himself...?

The new streetcars are supposed to be bicycle friendly, but is it really? Did I miss seeing some sort of bicycle hooks? I have seen photos of light rail vehicles and trams with hooks to get the bicycles out of the way. Or do we have keep the bicycles on the floor, taking up space?

PHP4955CB9BBD484.jpg

VTA_Light-Rail-bicycle-rack-420x559.jpg

bike_rack_in_nj.jpg

Then of course, our Toronto Rocket subway trains don't have bicycle hooks on them. Maybe we should start putting them in them first, as a start.

There will be no bike racks shown in the photos, but a place to store it horizontally with another one or 2 along with strollers, luggage and etc.

During my Europe trip, never saw that type of bike rack on any type of equipment regardless what it was. The same can be said for bike racks on the front of the buses. In many cases, bike were not allow on them period or during peak time.

The new streetcars are supposed to be bicycle friendly, but is it really? Did I miss seeing some sort of bicycle hooks? I have seen photos of light rail vehicles and trams with hooks to get the bicycles out of the way. Or do we have keep the bicycles on the floor, taking up space?

PHP4955CB9BBD484.jpg

VTA_Light-Rail-bicycle-rack-420x559.jpg

bike_rack_in_nj.jpg

Then of course, our Toronto Rocket subway trains don't have bicycle hooks on them. Maybe we should start putting them in them first, as a start.

ummm. that picture there with the hooks. there wasting space too.

Poor Luca - he's a Leaf fan. Should we tell him now or let him find out for himself...?

He probably already knows. The Leafs are world famous (not really) for being horrible. Still doesn't change the fact that people are in love with them for whatever reason.

There really should be a way of charging double for bicycles. Maybe even more if you consider how much space they take up.

Then there should be a way of charging double for SUV-size baby carriages. I dislike both taking up so much space, but as long as it's on off-peak only, I don't care.

Back