News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Construction? People taking alternative routes during construction?
I'm not sure how that would boost 501 ridership. I'd have thought if anything it would have decreased it. It's not like there's been any extra capacity added to 501 to handle such an influx - unlike the 504.

I took Spadina from Queens Quay to Bloor today. I happened to get to ride the new vehicle for a 2nd time. It was much more normal than the trip on the day they arrived, it was just regular people trying to get places. It was pretty cool to hear them get excited about the new vehicle. There are still people teaching POP & helping people at all the stops & in the vehicles.

The main problem was the Queens Quay loop. The traffic was really bad so turning out of the loop was difficult, and the streetcars were all backed up on the loop. Took a while to get out of there. There were cops & TTC employees there to help get the streetcars back on Spadina.

Once it was on Spadina it was pretty much smooth sailing. It felt pretty quick to me, and was speeding past those stuck in traffic.

Dwell time was much better compared to the old days where people stood in line to pay. When the vehicle was busy but not extremely crowded, large groups would be able to get on & off very quick, less than 10 seconds per stop. Once it hit Dundas & College though, when the vehicle was packed and there were large crowds at the stops, dwell time increased. However, it was still better than the old situation, and it was about the same dwell time as say a subway at Yonge-Bloor during rush hour.

I would think that once more of the new vehicles enter service, dwell times will go down since the vehicles hopefully won't be as crowded.

From the time it was on Spadina near Queens Quay to Bloor it took about 27 minutes (not including time stuck in the loop).

Do you even know what caused the crash? I am guessing no. You see the words party bus and your mind is made up that the driver is a moron.

And....?

Back to the topic: there is a repair crew right now at the location. Cops have closed Spadina southbound from Front and Bremner eastbound at Spadina. Let's hope this gets fixed asap.

And....?

Back to the topic: there is a repair crew right now at the location. Cops have closed Spadina southbound from Front and Bremner eastbound at Spadina. Let's hope this gets fixed asap.

From TTC website: 510 Spadina route turning back north at Spadina and King, due to a collision blocking Spadina and Front. Shuttles operating.

Last updated 6:39 AM

4400 was short tunning at King yesterday. The gap was small between the 2 cars as I head south from Spadina station.

The amount of people waiting for one of the new cars at Spadina Station was almost a car load. Cars were going out empty or near empty with people waiting for the new car

Spadina station is a mess as they are rebuilding the platform and thought they would have done it during the shut down.

Cars were back up at least 5 cars trying to off load riders.

First car I have been on where there wasn't an instructor in the cab.

Driver had the car moving south of King and it got me thinking how fast they will be on the Queensway once the cars make their way there. It should be faster than now.

Last edited:
Since the strike officially ended September 12th, see link, and Bombardier expected the employees will take 2 weeks to get everyone back to work, I'll be expecting to see the actual work to begin next weekend. 7 days from now.

Since the strike officially ended September 12th, see link, and Bombardier expected the employees will take 2 weeks to get everyone back to work, I'll be expecting to see the actual work to begin next weekend. 7 days from now.
A week long than I thought it would be as shop cleaning was in order caused by the length of the strike as well recess what has taken place during the strike. They will have to address the various issues that have shown up from the cars in service before the next ones get ship.

Let see which month it will be to see the start of the 3 cars per month delivery as promise compared to the plan 2 per month. Don't expect that to happen until Nov/Dec, if then. We know 2 coming in Oct and maybe another 1-2 on top of that.

A week long than I thought it would be as shop cleaning was in order caused by the length of the strike as well recess what has taken place during the strike. They will have to address the various issues that have shown up from the cars in service before the next ones get ship.

Let see which month it will be to see the start of the 3 cars per month delivery as promise compared to the plan 2 per month. Don't expect that to happen until Nov/Dec, if then. We know 2 coming in Oct and maybe another 1-2 on top of that.

2 more new streetcars in October? That's good news.

They have to be run around out of service for 600km before they go into service so I doubt we will see any on the streets AND in service before November.

There is 304.6 km of streetcar routes in Toronto. Not including the tracks within the yards. They'll have to roll them twice on all the routes to get 600+ km. That can be done in less than a week.

Back