News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Yes, not even made by Bombardier! Their official website ( http://www.dcstreetcar.com/ ) is quite fun to read too as it explains to a City that has not had streetcars for decades how to cross (or not cross) streetcar tracks etc etc. Maybe something the TTC needs to emulate as (based on QQE experiences ) people are very confused here too.

It seems like this manufacturer has very little product experience being only around for a decade and a microscopic customer base compared to Bombardier.
Bomb. on the other hand has decades of international experience so really it just makes them look that much more embarrassing...

Seattle's new First Hill line opening has also been delayed for some time because of delays in vehicle delivery. And they only needed 6 cars for the line!

I have to think those that seem to think that the contract should be terminated with Bombardier are not aware of what's been happening in other cities.

RIP in pieces, buddy:

lREMPFv.jpg

Looking at the list of "deficiencies" that the delayed Washington DC streetcar line has, I have to say that,with that list, the TTC shouldn't be operating its streetcars.

The "problems" that Washington DC has, are minor. The excuses they give are just excuses, nothing more when compared how the TTC runs its streetcars. Must have anti-transit people in charge of okaying their streetcar line.

I've seen our rails being in bad condition, but our streetcars were still running. Heat the switches to melt snow? Doesn't Toronto get colder than Washington, DC? Replace outside mirrors with cameras, the new streetcars do, not the old ones. Sorry Washington DC, you should have your streetcars up and running by now.

So, how are we doing with respect to the revised delivery schedule for 4409? It appears 4408 arrived on June 4, and that was apparently rather delayed due to some extra difficulties with this car.
4408 arrived June 10, and was in service 18 days later on June 28. Only 4406 was faster into service at 14 days.

The last TTC board meeting had the revised schedule - http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Com...ith_Confidential_Attachment_New_Streetcar.pdf

On the bottom of page 9. Number 7 by June 2015 (4408 delivered June 10). Number 8 by July 2015 (still a few weeks to go). Number 9 and 10 by August 2015. 4 more by September 2015. 4 more by October 2015. 6 more by November 2015 (presumably higher with 4401 and 4402 rebuilt). 3 more by December. 3 more by January, and then 50 more over next 12 months.

At the recent delivery rates, Number 8 (4409) would be a hard target to miss. The test would be 4411 by end of August and then 4415 by end of September. I'm sure they'll hit the 4 a month target sooner or later ... but I'm not optimistic it will be in September.

Last edited:
Only 4406 was faster into service at 4 days.

Nitpick - 4406 arrived on March 18th, and entered service on April 1st. By my maths, that 13 days.

For the record, I don't think that they can even accumulate the required mileage in 4 days.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Nitpick - 4406 arrived on March 18th, and entered service on April 1st. By my maths, that 13 days.

Typo .. 14 days not 4! With arrival on March 18th, there are 13 days from March 19th throught March 31st. Though the simple Excel function =DAYS("4/1/2015","3/18/2015") returns 14. (using the mm/dd/yyyy format).

Are they going to be on Bathurst just for the duration of the Pan Am Games for now or is this the start of revenue service?

Are they going to be on Bathurst just for the duration of the Pan Am Games for now or is this the start of revenue service?

Does it matter? There is *one* on the 511 right now so that is barely accommodating to this line for the Pan Am Games. And then after the Games there will still only be the 7+4409..

As it stands, the 510 alone won't be fully converted for a while so don't hold your breath on the 511.

Does it matter? There is *one* on the 511 right now so that is barely accommodating to this line for the Pan Am Games. And then after the Games there will still only be the 7+4409..

As it stands, the 510 alone won't be fully converted for a while so don't hold your breath on the 511.
There were definitely two on the 511 this morning.

I guess it doesn't really matter, but I was curious. I took the 511 on Saturday to a Pan Am event and while I was wondering whether the new streetcars were being used for capacity, accessibility or just visibility (or all three), I didn't get to ride one on the way down or the way back.

There were definitely two on the 511 this morning.
Both 4405 and 4407 are on it right now. Which should provide an accessible vehicle every 25 minutes on average.

Not perfect, but better than none (or one).

Though customer service says it's for capacity. And also that the route isn't POP, but you can board at the rear door.

I would have thought the 511 Bathurst would have just the Outlooks and the ALRV's, but they include the CLRV's as well.

Back