News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

When will they stop doing press releases for every new streetcar that enters service? Or will they keep doing this until they're all delivered?

When our local/national media realise they don't need to fill out their 24-hour news content cycle with minute by minute updates on every insignificant event as "DEVELOPING STORY" and "BREAKING NEWS".

I thought the TTC was on the hook for cancelling the SRT LRT project? Why not just refuse to pay the penalty in retaliation for all these late streetcars and broken contract?

On the hook to the province re: SELRT I believe, not Bombardier.

AoD

Would they be though? Those SELRT or SRT LRVs can now be purchased for the Crosstown East.

So much for the just in time supply chain. Maybe some supplier said "We ain't busting our butts on your reorder, considering you told us you'd need it a year ago and then stalled for so long we gave away all our production slots".
In my 20+ years of CPG sales/marketing mgmt., one of the cardinal rules is that you treat your customers differently according to their profitability and switching cost (i.e. ability to change suppliers). Bombardier knows Toronto can't switch suppliers for the Flexity cars AND more importantly future vehicle requirements (Queen's Park will always favour Thunder Bay vs. offshore). Meanwhile, Bombardier can ensure high margins by producing the expensive bits in Mexico.

So, Bombardier has a captive yet profitable customer. If you had a limited capacity to meet KPIs and commitments, you'd certainly direct those resources to other customers; i.e. profitable customers that have low switch costs or supply options.

Maybe it would be better if Bombardier were re-absorbed as a Crown Corporation (like UTDC). I would be on board with that - maybe they would even get more funding for prototype systems and so on.

Maybe it would be better if Bombardier were re-absorbed as a Crown Corporation (like UTDC). I would be on board with that - maybe they would even get more funding for prototype systems and so on.

So taxpayer money can be wasted supporting a dying company? I don't think so. If Quebec wants to keep it alive, fine - its Quebec. But I don't want a cent of my tax money going towards Bombardier. The federal government has far more important priorities than this.

Why on earth would one do that? Firstly Bombardier has never been a Crown Corporation (though it did absorb at least one, UTDC, which had been sold-off to Lavalin). The reason Bombardier is in trouble is their plane division, their transit side is quite profitable and IF Bombardier goes bankrupt, at least that division will almost certainly be bought by another company.

Whoah, sorry.

Sorry didn't mean to be that intense. I do see value in Bombardier continuing to exist, however I am personally not a fan of making it a crown corp. Hopefully they get their act together on the Flexities - I do really want to see them succeed.

I was on 4416 today and we short turned at king because a streetcar at Queens Quay and Spadina broke it's retriever rope. Well 4416 was turning onto King I ot this video and talked with the driver.

I was on 4416 today and we short turned at king because a streetcar at Queens Quay and Spadina broke it's retriever rope. Well 4416 was turning onto King I ot this video and talked with the driver.

Guessing the driver has access to the external PA? Is there an external mic that allows the driver to hear your responses?

Back