News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

They were modifying 4402 in the past few months. It can't be on the same assembly line as 4427. It shouldn't be that surprising to get both of them around now. Having 4428, 4429 and 4430 arrive within this year is quite a stretch.

They were modifying 4402 in the past few months. It can't be on the same assembly line as 4427. It shouldn't be that surprising to get both of them around now. Having 4428, 4429 and 4430 arrive within this year is quite a stretch.
it's possible we have about 7 weeks until the end of the year and they average one new car about every two weeks so it's possible. The thing to remember is that Bombardier is only saying they they will have 30 cars delivered by the end of the yer whether thy are in service or not doesn't mean anything to them. That's up to the TTC and how long it takes for them to commision one.

it's possible we have about 7 weeks until the end of the year and they average one new car about every two weeks so it's possible. The thing to remember is that Bombardier is only saying they they will have 30 cars delivered by the end of the yer whether thy are in service or not doesn't mean anything to them. That's up to the TTC and how long it takes for them to commision one.
30 cars are to be on TTC Hillcrest Property by Dec 31 is BBD Deadline.

Now, is Thunder Bay Working Dec 27-30??

If BBD is to meet Dec 31 time frame, then 4430 needs to be ship by Dec 23 with 4428 & 4429 before then.

That 32 days to ship the remaining 3 cars.

Based on the last few delivery, about 10 days to get cars into service upon delivery and that is TTC responsible.

30 cars are to be on TTC Hillcrest Property by Dec 31 is BBD Deadline.

Now, is Thunder Bay Working Dec 27-30??

If BBD is to meet Dec 31 time frame, then 4430 needs to be ship by Dec 23 with 4428 & 4429 before then.

That 32 days to ship the remaining 3 cars.

Based on the last few delivery, about 10 days to get cars into service upon delivery and that is TTC responsible.
It's funny for the last little while I've been thinking that 4431 would be the 3oth car delivered but with 4402 on it';s way 4430 makes sense in a odd sort of way. So my next question is when is 4401 likely to return to Thunder Bay?

It's funny for the last little while I've been thinking that 4431 would be the 3oth car delivered but with 4402 on it';s way 4430 makes sense in a odd sort of way. So my next question is when is 4401 likely to return to Thunder Bay?
4402 was always in the plan for this year. It's been known in the last few month. Considering it took a number of months to bring it up to standard, I don't see them rushing 4401 back to TB just to have it slowly modified. They're better off using their manpower for finishing 4428-4430 first before taking 4401 back.

BBD did ship 4415 and 4416 near Christmas last year. History could repeat itself meaning 4430 (if shipped) might take a long time to commission if its rush off the assembly line. Then there might be a big pause before 4431 would be ready.

Assuming 4427 does ship today, that's 12 delivered this year (4402, 4417-4427) so far matching last year (4405-4416). If one more only gets delivered, that's very very disappointing.

4402 was supposed to be here months ago, but kept being push back for some reason.

As for 4401, it was supposed to go back the same day as 4402 arrived. With legal action taking place, it most likely been held back to show what problems TTC had with the prototype compare to what TTC spec. With both 4400 & 4402 taking almost 18 months to be rebuilt, better off building a replacement for it and deal with the excess mileage on it.

One a month does cut it when other suppliers are doing 2-4 a months, if not more.

4402 was supposed to be here months ago, but kept being push back for some reason.

As for 4401, it was supposed to go back the same day as 4402 arrived. With legal action taking place, it most likely been held back to show what problems TTC had with the prototype compare to what TTC spec. With both 4400 & 4402 taking almost 18 months to be rebuilt, better off building a replacement for it and deal with the excess mileage on it.

One a month does cut it when other suppliers are doing 2-4 a months, if not more.
But TTC doesn't own 4401. It's still property of BBD while being loaned to the TTC for testing purposes. Holding it back as a hostage is not something TTC should be doing.

4401 doesn't do much these days. It's just sitting in the yard most of the time. 4403 racked up a lot more than 4401 by now.

Maybe we'll get two more by the end of the year, apart from 4402.
They shipped 2 in October, and with 4427 about to ship, that's 2 in November. If they hit 2 in December, that's 3 more, and if they hit 3, that's 4 more ... all 30.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do ship car 30 this year - they seem very determined not to miss this deadline.

How they ship 40 more (is that the current target) - car 70 - by end of 2017 I don't know ...

They shipped 2 in October, and with 4427 about to ship, that's 2 in November. If they hit 2 in December, that's 3 more, and if they hit 3, that's 4 more ... all 30.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do ship car 30 this year - they seem very determined not to miss this deadline.

How they ship 40 more (is that the current target) - car 70 - by end of 2017 I don't know ...
They were suppose to setup another assembly line and transfer the TR workers over but you're probably right that they an't hit 40 at this rate. With improvements, they might hit 18 on one line while the 2nd would start in Spring could pump out 14 at the same rate. That till 8 less than 40.

If they go at the same rate, it's about 15 plus 11 on the 2nd line. They're going to need another assembly line. Not sure if other parts plant can keep up.

They're going to need another assembly line. Not sure if other parts plant can keep up.
They also added a line in La Pocatière, Quebec to supplement the frame production in Mexico.

As that's been fingered time and time again as the bottleneck, when that comes on line is probably more critical than anything else.

They also added a line in La Pocatière, Quebec to supplement the frame production in Mexico.

As that's been fingered time and time again as the bottleneck, when that comes on line is probably more critical than anything else.
Fingers cross that's the only major bottleneck for the lines. I sense something else is wrong that they won't admit. As long as the sort out all the problems, it doesn't matter.

TTC 4427 was switched out of the Bombardier plant on Tuesday night and is seen here in CP's "E" yard in Thunder Bay on Wednesday afternoon, November 23rd, 2016. It is staged for pick up by CP train 420 for furtherance to TTC Hillcrest Shops in Toronto. Bryan Ma
cr ttc4427.jpg
rtyniuk photo with permission

Attachments

• cr ttc4427.jpg
    cr ttc4427.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 736
Good to see it on car 158091. It's in Sudbury last night, apparently. And car 156393 is now empty, having dropped 4402 off at Hillcrest.

But here's something interesting. Something is showing up as being loaded on car 157639 yesterday. But what is it? Car 4428? A Metrolinx prototype. Or something else altogether different?

Back