News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The same goes for the overhead, as I am waiting to see the the pans up like I did in Europe.
I asked Bard Ross a few days ago on twitter and he replied the next day after checking internally that they are looking to do it sometime this year, my guess would be in the fall as they will have more of the new cars in service by then and may actually need the pans by then.

I asked Bard Ross a few days ago on twitter and he replied the next day after checking internally that they are looking to do it sometime this year, my guess would be in the fall as they will have more of the new cars in service by then and may actually need the pans by then.
Brad said that last year for last year as well early this year.

It has nothing to do with the number of cars since routes are the governing factor. Route 510 was to be pans on Aug 31, 2014 with 509 and 511 in 2015.

Then the fear set in that unless 501 & 504 were 100% pan, its possible that drivers would leave the pans up on those 2 routes to the point they could bring down an intersection not converted. There are a number intersections on those 2 routes that haven't been converted yet. Only then, will the pans be used.

That's has been the plan for several years. Cars 60+ are supposed to come only with a pantograph and the overhead is supposed to be ready by then - they are certainly moving on with it quite quickly now.

That's has been the plan for several years. Cars 60+ are supposed to come only with a pantograph and the overhead is supposed to be ready by then - they are certainly moving on with it quite quickly now.
Look back a few pages. There is doubt about the "no pole on car >60" thing now.

I belive thats actually because of a few drivers trying to encourage pole to use the buttons to open the doors as it keep the ones that don't need to be opened closed at the les buys stops so they don't have cold or warm air rushing into the car at every stop.

As a fellow East Yorker I salute your creative use of the English language. I agree that Poles should be encouraged to use buttons et aussi que les buys sont toujours pressés! :D

Shouldn't we have more of these by now? Last I heard was we were supposed to get 40 more this year for a total of 70 by end of 2017. That means we should be getting 3-4 trains per month. Seems that we only got 4, so we are on track to not even hit half of the goal of 40 this year.

Shouldn't we have more of these by now? Last I heard was we were supposed to get 40 more this year for a total of 70 by end of 2017. That means we should be getting 3-4 trains per month. Seems that we only got 4, so we are on track to not even hit half of the goal of 40 this year.

Don't get us started.

Shouldn't we have more of these by now?

No. The per-month schedules have been posted in this thread a couple times. We're only expecting 1 delivery for April. It doesn't really accelerate until September; it takes 18+ months to setup an assembly line for automotive; I expect LRV manufacturing isn't much off that.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...elivery-bombardier.3263/page-662#post-1192944
lrv-jpg.98992

Yep....and shipping April's out so early gives them a running start on that first ramp up to 3 in May.
It doesn't seem to be a serious ramp up. Now that all the TR's are done, that workforce can help assemble streetcars while the TR assembly line is removed.

It took 11 years for the entire TR order of 82 trains from start to complete with main deliveries between 2011 and 2017 for 480 cars.

Back