News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

4451 & 4452 on St Clair for testing. 4453 in the yard and hard to say its been out for testing or about to.

Fastest turn around in sometime from delivery to testing. Maybe all 3 cars in service come Dec 8 or sooner. No idea when they arrived.

If 4454 is here, its not tracking with 4455 due for shipping. 28 days to have 10 more on site to meet BBD schedule

If 4455 is actually here, they're churning out cars faster than I thought they would. I thought they were steady at 3 per month, and now they only have to bring three in December to beat my estimate. Still late, but encouraging. Baby steps.

I just read that their pace is now over one streetcar per week, with the goal to get it to three per week.

It's a pretty serious ramp up, which of course had to come. They're still committed to having all streetcars delivered by 2019.

Does anyone know how many streetcars (old and new) are in service now? Hard to get a clear picture.

68 retired CLRV = 132 remaining
10 retired ALRV = 42 remaining.

55 replacements delivered.

If I count correctly (which I probably don't). Not as bad a deficit as I thought.

I just read that their pace is now over one streetcar per week, with the goal to get it to three per week.

It's a pretty serious ramp up, which of course had to come. They're still committed to having all streetcars delivered by 2019.

Does anyone know how many streetcars (old and new) are in service now? Hard to get a clear picture.

TTC is supposed to be down 80 of the old cars now, but no real numbers to back it up. 53 new cars are here at this time.

White Pine, Today at 8:38 PM
If 4455 is actually here, they're churning out cars faster than I thought they would. I thought they were steady at 3 per month, and now they only have to bring three in December to beat my estimate. Still late, but encouraging. Baby steps.

4455 hasn't been ship yet and no idea if 4454 is here now.

December according BBD schedule calls for 10 cars to be delivery and that will bring the fleet up to 65 in total, down from 70 that was plan for this year, down 100+ per schedule for 2017/2018 schedule.

The "official" CLRv retirement count likely does not include vehicles that can't be used due to mechanical failure. Just wait until the current track work programs end and more cars are needed.

The failure rate must be growing - Some of those vehicles are sure showing their rust holes. 2019 can't come soon enough.

- Paul

There have been a lot of buses on the 505 Dundas lately. Brad Ross said they're filling the gaps in rush hour due to a lack of serviceable CLRVs.

68 retired CLRV = 132 remaining
10 retired ALRV = 42 remaining.

55 replacements delivered.

If I count correctly (which I probably don't). Not as bad a deficit as I thought.

CLRV: 68 Retired and 132 Remaining makes a total count of 200 units. My understanding was that there only ever were 196 CLRVs in the fleet - six from the original Switzerland manufacturer, and 190 from Ontario (which started at 4010). Was I wrong?

CLRV: 68 Retired and 132 Remaining makes a total count of 200 units. My understanding was that there only ever were 196 CLRVs in the fleet - six from the original Switzerland manufacturer, and 190 from Ontario (which started at 4010). Was I wrong?
If you want LOTS of stats on streetcars take a look at: https://transit.toronto.on.ca/streetcar/4500.shtml

As for retire, can't confirm that, but the rest is right.

You can see what is in service at https://www.transsee.ca and go streetcars and type in number range. IE 4400-4454

1. How many CLRV’s are running on the 504? Brad Ross said that they added 7 restored CLRVs to improve capacity of the overcrowded line.

2. How many CLRVs does one Flexity replace?

There should always be a streetcar in view a block or two away if we’re going to improve the now bad PR of empty streets on King. It’s doubly insulting when drivers know that they can’t use King and then see a wide open street, transporting absolutely no one.

If King Street becomes a veritable downtown subway, visibly carrying passengers in large volumes, with several people getting on and off at each stop, with waiting and disembarking passengers creating vitality on the sidewalks, then I think it’ll be an easier sell to the skeptics.

This was just beautiful to see:

1. How many CLRV’s are running on the 504? Brad Ross said that they added 7 restored CLRVs to improve capacity of the overcrowded line.

I don't personally know the numbers, someone else here might know, but if they had to add 7 CLRVs after the pilot project started it could be a sign that it's actually working at moving people on King.

2. How many CLRVs does one Flexity replace?

the CLRVs have a Normal Service usage capacity of 102 passengers and a rated 'Crush Load' capacity of 132. The ALRV has a normal service usage capacity of 155 passengers and a 'Crush Load' capacity of 205 passengers. The Flexity Outlook has a rated max capacity of 251 passengers. The Flexity Outlook can effectively replace around 2.5 CLRVs under normal service usage and around 2 CLRVs under 'Crush Load' conditions.

There should always be a streetcar in view a block or two away if we’re going to improve the now bad PR of empty streets on King. It’s doubly insulting when drivers know that they can’t use King and then see a wide open street, transporting absolutely no one.

If King Street becomes a veritable downtown subway, visibly carrying passengers in large volumes, with several people getting on and off at each stop, with waiting and disembarking passengers creating vitality on the sidewalks, then I think it’ll be an easier sell to the skeptics.
King Street before the pilot was just unsustainable. You just can't have a situation where the traffic is moving so slowly that the streetcars bunch up together all the time and then have to be short-turned because they are so far behind their schedules. It's inefficient use of the fleet and ineffectual at moving people to where they need to go in a timely manner. As much as i don't like to say it, the skeptics simply don't understand the significance of making King Street a transit priority corridor. King Street will now move more people faster and more efficiently even though people can't necessarily see it because those people are contained mostly within a single vehicle (streetcar).

Back