News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This might be one reason. See link.

Oi... BlogTO. I find them to be clickbait these days and not of much value. That being said Ben Spurr of the Toronto Star is annoyed with them given their lack of factual information.

When it comes to transit stories or pretty much anything for that matter I tend to ignore BlogTO as it is usually not fact checked and clickbait.

@flexityoutlook says that 4453 is "on the streets today".
Very highly not as it been in the service bay since last night and is currently there as I type this.

It was in the service bay at 7:30 am and was out most of yesterday up to 10:30 pm, including having in service arrow from High Park Loop and College going east.

If things goes as per other cars, its testing is done and being ready for service either tomorrow or Friday.

There are 10 Flexity on 504 that I can tell since they are outside of 514 area. Looks like 5 on 514 and 10 of the old fleet on 504 as well.

Correction: There are 16 Flexity on 504 at this time.

Last edited:
From the latest Chief Executive Officer’s Report – December 2017 Update, at this link.

New Streetcars 2017 12 06.jpg

Attachments

• New Streetcars 2017 12 06.jpg
    New Streetcars 2017 12 06.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 544
Based on Oct data, the failure rate is lower than last month and we were in the 40's then. Even the TR has taken a hit.

When 4455 gets here or is here, that will complete Nov delivery per schedule. This put Dec schedule in for a rough ride with BBD once again failing to comply to anything they say either by word of mouth or on paper. We are looking at 2020 for final delivery of the last car.

Its also strange no media has posted anything about what supposed to take place on Monday in Kingston, other than someone saying it was postpone one day. Gee!! postponing something like a PR event doesn't bow well for BBD.

I hope TTC stand firm by telling BBD they will not accept unfinished cars like last year, so BBD can comply with schedule delivery.

Just looked at 4453 and it has moved to the last location in the service bay before going into service. Could be out tomorrow for service.

Last edited:
Delivered today.

- Paul
Thanks

Very hard these days to find out when x car was ship or when it off loaded at Hillcrest. Its gone blackout for info.

We may see 4456 next week.

Dec 7
Looking at Broadview Loop today, there is no way to extend the loop for 2 Flexity without a major rebuilt, as well taking over the parking lot to the east. Even then, you may have to rebuilt the whole surface area, which will mean closing the station for a few years.

Dec 7
Looking at Broadview Loop today, there is no way to extend the loop for 2 Flexity without a major rebuilt, as well taking over the parking lot to the east. Even then, you may have to rebuilt the whole surface area, which will mean closing the station for a few years.

They renovated it a few years ago but even still it is tight. It was designed with PCCs in mind back in 1966 and they never considered flexities being brought in. An underground terminal would be so much better.

Back