News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

501 only operates with Flexity's on weekends or just on Sundays, because the last few weekends, it has just been on Sundays, but on the other hand, the 501 riders will have to wait till spring of next year till all streetcars are Flexity's instead of CLRV's, but they get to experience them on weekends at least.

501 only operates with Flexity's on weekends or just on Sundays, because the last few weekends, it has just been on Sundays, but on the other hand, the 501 riders will have to wait till spring of next year till all streetcars are Flexity's instead of CLRV's, but they get to experience them on weekends at least.
I saw no Flexity on Sat, but wasn't around Like I was on Sunday. It was a hit and miss on Sunday with gaps up to 10 minutes and then have 3/4 show up. Even 2 Flexity were playing follow the leader, with one follow the other with an CLRV at the front and rear.

Support starting Flexity on 501 on the weekend, since they aren't been used on other routes. They can now start adding a few cars to the route for week day starting Nov/Dec, as more show up. Only saw ALRV 4230 on 501 both days.

Talking to someone from TTC who has retired, they say starting Oct, will not see anymore CLRV's on 512 as the work nears completion, as it will be different from other lines. Not sure what he talking about, as I have seen poles used on pan systems with no problem.

He said TTC should strip the CLRV's current propulsion system and go with an today system, which doesn't make sense, since they are HIGH floor non ODA compliance. Why spend the money now to do now, not 10 years ago when they are on death door??

I saw no Flexity on Sat, but wasn't around Like I was on Sunday. It was a hit and miss on Sunday with gaps up to 10 minutes and then have 3/4 show up. Even 2 Flexity were playing follow the leader, with one follow the other with an CLRV at the front and rear.

Support starting Flexity on 501 on the weekend, since they aren't been used on other routes. They can now start adding a few cars to the route for week day starting Nov/Dec, as more show up. Only saw ALRV 4230 on 501 both days.

Talking to someone from TTC who has retired, they say starting Oct, will not see anymore CLRV's on 512 as the work nears completion, as it will be different from other lines. Not sure what he talking about, as I have seen poles used on pan systems with no problem.

He said TTC should strip the CLRV's current propulsion system and go with an today system, which doesn't make sense, since they are HIGH floor non ADA compliance. Why spend the money now to do now, not 10 years ago when they are on death door??

Yeah, that person you were talking to at TTC's idea is dumb because the CLRV'S are 35-40 years old now, and they only need a referbisment on SOME CARS, not on them all, with just about 50% Flexity fleet here in Toronto, why would they do that.

Given how the ALRV refurb worked out I am reluctant to think there is any enthusiasm for a more extensive one. As for the AODA, TTC might end up needing to have Doug Ford push through an extension of time if only so they don’t have to close stations when Easier Access project misses its deadline (not to mention Scarborough subway, since most SRT stations are not accessible either)

As for the AODA, TTC might end up needing to have Doug Ford push through an extension of time if only so they don’t have to close stations when Easier Access project misses its deadline (not to mention Scarborough subway, since most SRT stations are not accessible either)
If Ford keeps his promise of taking the TTC subway and stations from the City, and the TTC simply operates but doesn't own the subway (like Line 5 and 6) then the TTC won't have to worry about that, and it becomes the province's problem to sort out however they may wish.

I don’t know if it’s a bug with the garage S&B fare machines but it looks like they’re removed the option for using debit/credit. Saw this on multiple streetcars and stops on Spadina. Every machine either had this or just a blue screen of death.

Attachments

• DDB87016-54C2-42F7-9CB0-536C0A9F68E0.jpeg
    DDB87016-54C2-42F7-9CB0-536C0A9F68E0.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 235
I don’t know if it’s a bug with the garage S&B fare machines but it looks like they’re removed the option for using debit/credit. Saw this on multiple streetcars and stops on Spadina. Every machine either had this or just a blue screen of death.
They might be disabling the ability until all machines have support for it.

Had tap for credit/debit ever been enabled? I thought it was greyed out ...
It has. Just never works.
They might be disabling the ability until all machines have support for it.
When I got off there was a S&B technician working on one of the machines and he said that there was a “problem” and that they were fixing it. The machines that I did see however did seem more responsive than usual so maybe it’s a good thing.

So I had been wondering why I hadn't seen pantos on the 512. Here's my answer, although I thought this work was already done.

upload_2018-9-28_16-28-1.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-28_16-28-1.png
    upload_2018-9-28_16-28-1.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 592
So I had been wondering why I hadn't seen pantos on the 512. Here's my answer, although I thought this work was already done.

View attachment 158734

Oh, so that means tons of extras for the 501 Queen route this weekend. They might even be able to outfit the entire route with Flexities both days this weekends as the 512 will operate with shuttles.

Oh, so that means tons of extras for the 501 Queen route this weekend. They might even be able to outfit the entire route with Flexities both days this weekends as the 512 will operate with shuttles.
Last Sunday 501 ran with 12 Flexities and 26 CLRVs while 512 ran with 8 Flexities.

So unlikely to have the entire route with Flexities!

All the existing OS in the St Clair West station is coming down this weekend.

Once the conversion is ready and pans go into service, you will never see a pole car east of Bathurst St, as the new OS will never support it. I see what was stated to me last Sunday.

4483 will spend time in the body shop because the car in front of it brought the overhead down onto 4483 roof that put a hole in the cab front on the right side.

You can see both the old and new system at the portal entrance. The new system will hang lower on a I beam rail, with the wire on the bottom of it that has no room for the wheel on the pole. The rail is supported by different hanger support, based on location.

Back