News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Does someone want to start a Google sheet?

It already exists, on CPTDB.

The same sources that are giving us the scoop on T Bay output may be able to keep us posted on Kingston deliveries. I will pass on what comes my way, and I'm sure others will too. I'm sure TTC has the official dates, but that data is only available post hoc.

- Paul

4502 is now tracking and it has done its first test run. Its on Queen St At Jarvis St heading home now.

4501 was up on St Clair doing testing today. Some problems have surface for the car to the point it went out around 3 am Wednesday. It was a 501A in service car yesterday on Queen and currently in the service bay.

4503 should be off loaded Tuesday, with 4504 & 5 on their way.

Pantographs? Trolley? How about nothing?

Forbidden in Toronto. Including the grass and the sliding platform doors.

Pantographs? Trolley? How about nothing?

Forbidden in Toronto. Including the grass and the sliding platform doors.

Love the visuals, hate the audibles. Too much gonging, and that harsh 'backup beeper' for the doors opening and closing, yuck! A beautiful product spoiled.

You could put those on the Sheppard line to make it a continuous route, would have to adjust the platforms unless you have high floor Primoves, where instead there would be sunken tracks in the street where the stops are.

I see they used gates on the platform. Going battery is the future and a number of ways to charge the batteries along the route.

It does something that current OS systems can't do and that gives a street clean sight line.

Bells and chimes come in all forms and up to each system to chose what they want, regardless what it sounds to riders.

Another example of grass being used in place of concrete that we have to live with.

If Sheppard LRT every gets built like it supposed to, a good place to use battery cars.

The current new fleet will be the last to see pans/poles. If TTC decide to go to market for more cars, a good time to go to battery power.

How many left to be delivered? And can they deliver the rest by the end of 2019?

Also, what happened to the options the TTC had?
4459 was the last official car off loaded in 2017.

I stand to be corrected, 65 were to be ship to TTC this year. TTC has received 43 so far, with 3 more due end of next week. That leaves 19 more to be on TTC property by year end.

4502 did its 2nd day of testing today.

We could see 4501 in service by Tuesday or tomorrow. It was out testing again on Friday and currently in the service bay.

As for options, TTC can't look at anything until 2019 when a new commission and Chair are in place. What every option may surface, it will have to go into the 2019/20 budget to be approve before anymore cars can be order. With Ford in power and talking jobs, jobs for Ontario, we can expect BBD getting the order, unless Alstom puts up a fight for their Brampton plant.

I would like to see next order be for 45m cars, to be used on 504, 510 and 501.

Back