News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I am out of the country and hours behind Toronto, but 4541 is ready to enter service. Expect to see 4574 and 4543 in service next week.

4544 was out testing today.

4544 not off loaded and still in Lambton. Then there is 4545 and 4546 waiting to be delivery to Hillcrest.

Under the original plan, the existing fleet was to be retire by 2015 as requested by MTO and then got extended to 2018. With BBD failing to delivery as promises/contract, its now 2019. It was also anticipated that TTC was to order another 60 cars when the 60th car show up, but never happen due to delivery and quality of cars.

Until TTC orders more cars, buses will fill in for streetcars and will prevent more bus service on the road that badly needed yesterday. No win for riders.

I guess it will be another 6-9 months before we see 4401 back in Toronto for testing. Taking almost a year to fix welds and not rebuilt the car doesn't bold well for the 66 cars to have their weld fix as promise and stated by TTC.

@drum118 where do you get this stuff about the legacy fleet. Extended to 2018 etc. TTC would run those cars until 2025 if they could, and until reliability collapsed and the refurb program was a bust, they explicitly planned to.
MTO Way of meeting the AODA requirement sooner than later like they did for the buses.

4541 is in service on 504A

Sorry i haven't kept up to this thread, but how many of these have been delivered and how many are on back order from the original order?
143 delivery, 3 waiting to be off loaded and 58 back order.

It's that time of year again where the sun beams through the gigantic back window in the morning rush and turns the streetcar into a greenhouse. Even when they actually turn on the A/C and set it to maximum it can't stop the back half from heating up to 100 degrees by the end of May. And you can't open the windows like the CLRVs unless you ask permission to literally stand on people to access those micro vents. Sad these new vehicles were made moron-proof so they are in so many ways much worse than the old ones.

4574 will enter service Sat, but been reported that it did a Tripper as an in service on May 8 and was removed from service shortly there after.

4546 delivered, 4547 and 4548 have reached Toronto and presumably will be delivered this week.

On one of the Facebook sites, a photo was posted yesterday of two Edmonton LRV's on the test track at Millhaven. I asked the photographer if there were any Toronto cars there, his reply was that there were several "under wraps". I'm guessing that these might be Crosstown cars that are built but held until the six test cars have been put through their paces. Sure seems like Thunder Bay will be done with its share of the TTC order before many get built at Millhaven.

- Paul

It's that time of year again where the sun beams through the gigantic back window in the morning rush and turns the streetcar into a greenhouse. Even when they actually turn on the A/C and set it to maximum it can't stop the back half from heating up to 100 degrees by the end of May. And you can't open the windows like the CLRVs unless you ask permission to literally stand on people to access those micro vents. Sad these new vehicles were made moron-proof so they are in so many ways much worse than the old ones.

Then there is also the ridiculous seating layout compared to the CLRVs, like no one outside of rush hour wants to sit next to 3 strangers

Back