News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

We could always bring back the DUPONT streetcar, which ran from Christie & Dupont along Dupont to Davenport then Bay down to the ferry docks. The BAY streetcar would have ran along St. Clair from the Lansdowne Loop to Avenue Road, down to Davenport and Bay to loop on-street at City Hall. Or a combination thereof.

streetcar-4117-08.jpg

streetcar-4117-09.jpg

streetcar-4112-04.jpg

I just heard from my contact in Thunder Bay that TTC 4430 is sitting at the loading dock of the Bombardier plant this afternoon, Thursday, December 15th, 2016. It is expected to be set out this evening for pickup by CP. Hopefully photos will be forthcoming Friday morning.

Not relly well they can fit on it the front door of the front one are past the galls covering the tunnel entrance so they have to wait for the car picking up to leave before the car behind can even let anyone off.

Again - two cars can fit quite comfortably on the platform. I've seen this more times than you can count.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

There are also a whole bunch of really stupid advance left-hand turns for motorists along Spadina that further delay streetcars.

Again - two cars can fit quite comfortably on the platform. I've seen this more times than you can count.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
yes but the legal department isn't allowing it as it means having the front door off of the platform and behind the glass. The platform needs to be redesigned for them as it was originally designed for CLRVS. This issue got discussed a few pages back when they first started running on 510.

Couldn't they just prevent the front door opening? Surely that's a million times easier than construction work.
No they have two modes for the doors top be open one is for in stations where all the doors open the most common use and the second id is by pushing a button w. Since Spadina is a terminal station drives often take their breaks there or switch off with other drivers well passengers are boarding so it's easier to have the doors all open.

No they have two modes for the doors top be open one is for in stations where all the doors open the most common use and the second id is by pushing a button w. Since Spadina is a terminal station drives often take their breaks there or switch off with other drivers well passengers are boarding so it's easier to have the doors all open.

Actually they can disable individual doors.

I am assuming 4429 has arrived at Hillcrest by now. 4430 is supposed to be ready to be ship Friday.

4428 has spent the last 2 days in various service bays. Took a trip out to Long Branch Wed afternoon and is back in the service bay. May see it in service Friday.

Had hope we may see 4431 & 4432 this year, but doesn't look good now, though there is a chance 4431 could be ship Dec 23, otherwise 2017.

As for John Tory letter, it protecting his cost cutting for not having more service hours in TTC budget. TTC has a 28% spare ratio with the new fleet when its supposed to be 20%

I am assuming 4429 has arrived at Hillcrest by now. 4430 is supposed to be ready to be ship Friday.

4428 has spent the last 2 days in various service bays. Took a trip out to Long Branch Wed afternoon and is back in the service bay. May see it in service Friday.

Had hope we may see 4431 & 4432 this year, but doesn't look good now, though there is a chance 4431 could be ship Dec 23, otherwise 2017.

As for John Tory letter, it protecting his cost cutting for not having more service hours in TTC budget. TTC has a 28% spare ratio with the new fleet when its supposed to be 20%
thanks for the update.

i (somewhat cynically) think that Tory's new "get tough" stance on BBD is politically timed....I think he has waited until BBD has shown that they can ramp up production to a "decent" level....then he comes out in public looking all tough....if BBD fall back into old ways he has nothing to lose.....if, however, BBD maintain the recent pace expect him to point out to the public that he intervened and all got better (few outside of these boards have probably noticed the recent uptick in production....but by spring, if it continues, the public will notice the increase in new vehicles in service).

One thing TTC needs to do is rethink the rollout to other routes. Once routes 509, 510 and 514 are 100% complete by April or sooner, they need to start rolling out 2-4 cars for each of the remaining routes before starting the next route. We are talking about 20 out of the 40?? cars due in 2017 using 4 cars per route. Need to have 2 cars ready first before assigning then to a line since one car not going to cut it. Even 4 cars will only have a small impact.

This will allow the accessibility community to use the system than wait until 2018-20. This will require cars to be move to other yards other than the Leslie Barns. You take the existing fleet that has had the various bug work out to date and move them to the other yards. Also, they have poles that can be use on routes still not fully converted to pans yet.

In fact, based on delivery and lines being out of service in 2017, you scrap the route by route and keep rolling cars out system wide.

When will they start using pans? Wasn't it supposed to happen long long ago.
Its a good question and someone should ask Brad Ross on Twitter that Question or at TTC meeting next week.

I known it was supposed to be Summer and then fall until King/Queen were 100% converted. The last I saw some weeks ago, King & Parliament intersection still needed to be converted. TTC will not use pans until these lines are done for the fear a driver will forget to lower the pans on 509 & 510 and bring down a non pan intersection.

In fact, 510 was to use pans in 2014 since it was 100% ready then. 512 was also ready going back to 2010.

From CP24:

He said that understand the company “may have failed to meet your expectations” but added that the slow delivery of streetcars “does not reflect the type of company Bombardier is around the world.

http://www.cp24.com/news/bombardier...streetcar-delays-claims-improvement-1.3206808

Yes, because the rest of the world would have told you to **** off years ago instead of letting you play them like a violin. Besides, we are not int the business of running a streetcar line to Berlin.

AoD

Back