News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Done. (Don't know how to do a strikethrough on the thread title. Wanted "Jane LRT RapidTO", but went with the brackets on the thread title.)

Try cutting & pasting this. It's a Unicode strikethrough rather than markup.

Jane L̶R̶T̶ RapidTO​

Last edited:

Proposed Bus Stop Changes

From link.

94c1-RapidTO-Jane-Proposed-Bus-Stop-Changes-1024x771.png

What about the other bus routes that also use Jane Street? Will their bus stops also be remove?

For example, the 170 Emmett bus (replacing the 32D Eglinton West via Emmett) stops at Jane Street (on Emmett Avenue) and at Goldwin Avenue (on Jane Street, currently shared with 32 Jane bus). Could the Goldwin Avenue bus stop only serve the 170 bus?

Another example, the 158 Trethewey bus (replacing the 32C Eglinton West via Tretheway) stops at Jane Street (on Trethewey Avenue), Harding Avenue (on Jane Street, currently shared with 32 Jane bus), and Wright Avenue (off Jane Street). Could those stops only serve the 158 bus?

What about the 335 Jane Night bus? Couldn't all the bus stops be used by the night bus?
Nitpick here: They have been using route 155 for Emmett for a while now. Trethewey remains 158.

I'm assuming the Jane RapidTO is a "temporary" stepping stone, until the Jane LRT actually appears. That would depend on pro-LRT politicians at Toronto City Hall and at Queen's Park.
The local in me wonders whether an Ontario Line West extension running through a Ford riding is something that can be floated before the next election.

Nitpick here: They have been using route 155 for Emmett for a while now. Trethewey remains 158.
Source? Link?

My source at this link.

2022_32_158_170_map.jpg

The 935 Jane Express has two options. One option is to go express to Mt. Dennis Station. The other option is to bypass Mt. Dennis Station and go straight to Jane Station. The latest version (dated fall of 2022) has it bypassing Mt. Dennis. Could still change by Line 5 opening day... whenever that is.

Source? Link?

My source at this link.

2022_32_158_170_map.jpg

The 935 Jane Express has two options. One option is to go express to Mt. Dennis Station. The other option is to bypass Mt. Dennis Station and go straight to Jane Station. The latest version (dated fall of 2022) has it bypassing Mt. Dennis. Could still change by Line 5 opening day... whenever that is.
You can see it in this report of the first round of ASP 2023 regarding 2022 initiatives: https://ttc-cdn.azureedge.net/-/med...P-Stakeholder-Consultation---AODA.pdf#page=11

You can see it in this report of the first round of ASP 2023 regarding 2022 initiatives: https://ttc-cdn.azureedge.net/-/med...P-Stakeholder-Consultation---AODA.pdf#page=11
That report focused on Line 6. Nothing about the 935 Jane Express bus. The report forcusing on Line 5 is at https://ttc-cdn.azureedge.net/-/media/Project/TTC/DevProto/Documents/Home/Public-Meetings/Board/2022/February-10/Reports/9_2022_Annual_Service_Plan.pdf?rev=33257ffa4b1b454d802db427f27e847e&hash=52EE32F5FECE9414A7C548209A75ABD6

1677873345811.png

Would like to see a more up to date report, with the 935 Jane Express. Some show it going to Mt. Dennis Station, while others show it going straight to Jane Station. Likely will show up just before Line 5 actually opens, since everything is subject to change. For example, some show the 179 Castlefield bus going up Kincort Street to Ingram Drive, while others show it continuing on Beechborough Avenue to Keele Street.

Last edited:
It also shows 155 for the new map on the ASP2023 from November. The map that has 996 extended to Ellesemere and the 507. Which is more recent than this.

It also shows 155 for the new map on the ASP2023 from November. The map that has 996 extended to Ellesemere and the 507. Which is more recent than this.
Anything by or directly by the TTC CEO Rick Leary is suspect for accuracy.

While I generally agree with his thoughts on stop-removals being too heavy handed and a crutch to achieve better travel times, there are numerous stops that are definitely due for removal (for example the one sided stops at Patika Avenue and Raven Road as well as the far-side stop at Shephard.) On the other hand, I do agree that not having pedestrian crossings at the stops is a lame excuse for automatic removal. This especially stings at a stop like Goldwin/Cornell.

I think the correct number of stops to remove would be somewhere closer to a dozen.

Been to a community meeting for RapidTO Jane Street on Tuesday, March 21st at 116 industry Street. Had to use a car to get there because of the limited headway service on the 171 Mt. Dennis bus to get to it.

The NIMBYs were out in force. Most wanted Option 1, while a few others wanted Option 2 or 3. I want Option 2.

Those who preferred the more transit oriented options, were concerned about the removal of bus stops.

Those who preferred the more automobile oriented options, were concerned about the congestion caused by the removal of a lane of traffic. Ignoring that the main cause of traffic congestion is the single-occupant motor vehicle.

One point we mostly agreed on is the congestion cause by all modes of vehicles around the Jane/400/Black Creek Drive/Church Street/ Maple Leaf Drive intersection. The city needs to add another northbound lane on Jane Street from Maple Leaf Drive to the 400 ramp.

1679493997125.png
From link.

Last edited:
York Region 2051 Rapid Transit Network (see link) has plans for a Line 1 "Jane Subway" extension from Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station to Major Mackenzie Drive West/Canada's Wonderland.

View attachment 393758

What about Jane Street within the City of Toronto, itself? Time to "think" about a Jane LRT now.

Don't forget that many of the current parking lots in the City of Toronto could be redeveloped with mixed-use developments, which will add to the ridership all over Toronto.
I sure hope this is made, and that too before 2051. Everything important in Vaughan is on this stretch. The new downtown, Vaughan Mills, Maple Auto Mall, wonderland AND the new hospital as well. This makes absolute sense, no questions about its feasibility. An at grade LRT makes more economical sense.

Back