News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Won't be long before...

8e102a7d4921eeec37166db408ac73f49ae467a3e6b8f6d90841c4d3ce611192.jpg

More people committed suicide on Facebook and Twitter (mostly due to cyberbullying) combined than die from explosions. However, the media prefers to report deaths from explosions, as those generate more interest and are often reported, while deaths from social media are often unreported. Each year, over one million children on Facebook get bullied and often lead to suicides (and their memorial pages get vandalized).

Therefore, I am in support of the McNicoll TTC Bus Garage.

Last edited:
You're showing what could happen to the residential buildings because of their natural gas heating? Because it seems you didn't read the thread.

No. I'm showing what WILL happen if this garage is built. Because clearly the facts show that diesel is highly explosive, regardless of what lies the TTC and diesel lobby tell you.

There are so many examples of diesel exploding, but they've all been covered up by the powerful diesel lobbyists.

And this could never happen with natural gas. Something natural could never be that destructive

Give me any poof of natural gas exploding. I've seen none. Well other than videos of questionable authenticity that were probably made by the diesel lobby.

You all are dimwits. Think of the children!!! Diesel = murder. Wake up sheeple! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Listening to 2 hours of BS was 2 hours too long.

First off, did anyone read the warning clause in the buy agreement and if so, shit out of luck. 2nd, these folks need to find a real good lawyer to sue their lawyer at the time of sell for not doing their homework related to what the area was zone for, what was plan for it in the ways of road and the list goes one. Same for the developer who sold them for not disclosing various things related to the land.

The talked about diesel fuel about exploding, yet to fail to understand that TTC has never had an issue with their tanks that are both above or below ground yet, but always first time. More changes going to the gas station and have it explode than this site.

The reason for where the entrance and exited are is protection of the rail grade separation on McNicoll.

To delay this project by 3 or more years while TTC looks for another site will cost about $7m a year more and another $6m to find a storage site.

The commissioners approved the plan along with various motion at looking at swapping land with the church at the north end. Full commence for TRAP will start in Sept with construction starting in 2016/17 if money can be found for this garage.

Fully support the plan from day one as this another example using employment land for residential to continue to push business out of Toronto or Ontario all together.

These people bought these properties knowing that the TTC was planning a garage. And now they're complaining that the TTC is building said garage. Such nonsense. Unfortunately I've been far too many examples of this happening and I'm hoping the TTC anticipated this ridiculous push back (not that it matters anymore).

Anyways I'm glad to see this go ahead as planned. Hopefully the community will sit down and stay quiet.

Deputant today against the TTC bus garage rambling on today with "assault against citizens" and makes comparisons to 9/11, Chernobyl, 2004 tsunami, Sunrise explosion and Megantic. No mention of Godzilla, though...

Hearing that, the person should have blamed fluoridation instead.

AoD

So even though it was approved, it looks like Karen Stintz tried to delay the garage "until the entire system is accessible" for some reason. I understand that she wants to side with the NIMBYs as part of her failing mayoral bid, but how did she get 3 members to vote with her?

So even though it was approved, it looks like Karen Stintz tried to delay the garage "until the entire system is accessible" for some reason. I understand that she wants to side with the NIMBYs as part of her failing mayoral bid, but how did she get 3 members to vote with her?
By rights, she was out of order and her request should have been deferred to next meeting. It will resurface next months when a report out of this action is to be table as to what projects should/could be deferred to make sure TTC comply 100% with 2025 timetable. Some of it had to due with the extra $100m as well trying to win votes.

One of the person who support the vote was attending his first meeting as a replacement for Peter who is now an MPP. It will be nice to see Karen gone at the Dec meeting as she fail as Chair of TTC in many ways.

Karen Stintz was a horrible TTC Chair and a lousy politican/ The garage is needed for additional buses, needed to address crowding and for service improvements. If you can't get on the bus because it's too crowded, it's inaccessible to everyone. Remember Stintz presided over the first major TTC service cuts since the Lastman/Harris/Eves years.

Back