News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Winter is coming. Does the TTC have a plan to keep out non-fare paying insane, high and intoxicated squatters and zombies who last winter migrated to the TTC's subway stations, trains, buses, streetcars and bus shelters? In short, will the TTC enforce its by-laws this winter? The TTC have to know they're coming.

According to the woman who talks to herself while laying on the floor of the woman's washroom at Warden Station everyday for the past year, no.

Winter is coming. Does the TTC have a plan to keep out non-fare paying insane, addicted and intoxicated squatters and zombies who last winter migrated to the TTC's subway stations, trains, buses, streetcars and bus shelters? In short, will the TTC enforce its by-laws this winter? The TTC have to know they're coming.
0% chance, I don't get why there aren't police with the fare inspectors 1x a month? After that incident at high park they made tons of arrests because the same type of people who cause trouble are ones who don't pay to get on. It's like shooting fish in a barrel!

According to the woman who talks to herself while laying on the floor of the woman's washroom at Warden Station everyday for the past year, no.

When were you in the women's washroom at Warden Station last?

Just wondering.... LOL

0% chance, I don't get why there aren't police with the fare inspectors 1x a month? After that incident at high park they made tons of arrests because the same type of people who cause trouble are ones who don't pay to get on. It's like shooting fish in a barrel!

Surprisingly I actually got my fare checked last week at Union (and Spadina the week before) -so fare enforcement is a thing, but it's more hit than miss inevitably.

AoD

When were you in the women's washroom at Warden Station last?

Just wondering.... LOL

Umm...

Anyway.. lol. She is clearly visible from outside due to the design of the washroom. They leave the doors open and you can see her on the floor laying down by the back wall talking to herself.

Surprisingly I actually got my fare checked last week at Union (and Spadina the week before) -so fare enforcement is a thing, but it's more hit than miss inevitably.

AoD
I see them occasionally, thought it'd be a good idea to have a blitz or something where police are there too so they can catch anyone with a warrant out.

I see them occasionally, thought it'd be a good idea to have a blitz or something where police are there too so they can catch anyone with a warrant out.

I doubt the regular Toronto police will do that (they don't even bother with writing tickets for traffic infractions, imagine) - and not sure how much of a blitz you can have if you only get so many fare inspectors to go around for a massive system.

AoD

I doubt the regular Toronto police will do that (they don't even bother with writing tickets for traffic infractions, imagine) - and not sure how much of a blitz you can have if you only get so many fare inspectors to go around for a massive system.

AoD
They've had an increased presence before. I think it was mostly OT though

AoD
A blitz isn’t necessary if we harden the system through impassible turnstiles on vehicles and stations and staffing to help those with mobility issues through special gates.

subway_revolving_door.jpg

bus-turnstile-rio-de-janeiro-brazil-G2WX6N.jpg

Last edited:
Winter is coming. Does the TTC have a plan to keep out non-fare paying insane, addicted and intoxicated squatters and zombies who last winter migrated to the TTC's subway stations, trains, buses, streetcars and bus shelters? In short, will the TTC enforce its by-laws this winter? The TTC have to know they're coming.
It's fine, the yellow covid barriers blocking off the front area of the T1 trains are there to fix the problem!

It's crazy how many cracks there are. Also I didn't see anything on the construction map BUT it seems they're doing water work on a basically new station?

Why can't we have nice things

View attachment 507631
FWIW This station is already almost 6 years old, so I don't think there's anything wrong with doing some maintenance to some of the infrastructure. Not to mention that the stations took time to build, some of the piping or whatever that they're replacing is likely much older, maybe 8 years if not 10.

A blitz isn’t necessary if we harden the system through impassible turnstiles on vehicles and stations and staffing to help those with mobility issues through special gates.

subway_revolving_door.jpg

bus-turnstile-rio-de-janeiro-brazil-G2WX6N.jpg

That's a very expensive retrofit; its also one with very large implications for station and vehicle capacity. When you slow down people entering/exiting a vehicle you slow the vehicle down meaning it takes more buses and operators to deliver the same level of service.

I would not support that.

If anything I would go the other way in many respects; all-door loading would speed service up and save money.

Yes, inordinate fare evasion should be addressed; there's enough staff to do that if they are willing to carry out enforcement.

Back