News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Well, the structural issues couldn't have been major because service resumed around 5pm, after stopping at 4:30 or so.

The TTC can make money by having commuters visit Lower Bay station with the entrance fee being $3 or an extra token, even for Metropass users.

The TTC got him there on time. They played hard against a team of high paid veterans and got the whole city excited & proud.

Yeah seriously they did a great job. :)

But 103-104 with six seconds left on the clock. The Raptors gotta stop doing this to us. Second time they've done it in the series. I'm gonna get a heart attack before my 20th birthday if they dont stop lol

The TTC got him there on time. They played hard against a team of high paid veterans and got the whole city excited & proud.

Why not just use trolley buses. Vancouver & San Fran do it.

All the infrastructure they'd need to set up. And routes wouldn't be as flexible.

I wonder how much these compare to the cost of a trolleybus.

And does anyone know what the unit costs of the TTC's hybrids are? If these aren't too much more expensive and if they perform well in Winnipeg the TTC may be interested in picking these up. Especially because they're allegedly cheaper to operate.

Yeah seriously they did a great job. :)

But 103-104 with six seconds left on the clock. The Raptors gotta stop doing this to us. Second time they've done it in the series. I'm gonna get a heart attack before my 20th birthday if they dont stop lol

Hopefully they've created a good foundation and keep improving next season.

But tying this back to urbanism & our city, it showed how much enthusiasm our city has and how much we want our sports teams to win. I personally think it's an example of our city's culture changing to be more outwardly proud of ourselves which was really tied in with the "we the north" campaign.

Also, "Jurassic Park" is a real statement about our city: not just that the fans were crazy, but that we created a successful new public space that did not exist a few years ago, surrounded by brand new glass condos.

Video on Queen Street East & Leslie Street, Queen Street East & Broadview Avenue, and Queen Street East & Victoria Street intersection closures.

[video=youtube_share;_n9IkUXeryg]http://youtu.be/_n9IkUXeryg[/video]

From this link:

The Toronto Transit Commission is installing and replacing streetcar track and upgrading utilities and infrastructure at three intersections along Queen St. E. this spring and summer, requiring intersection closures at Leslie St., Broadview Ave. and Victoria St.

The closures are as follows:

Leslie St. and Queen St. E. - May 11-June 21: Replace 80 year-old water mains and install new streetcar tracks to connect to the Leslie Barns, the storage and maintenance facility being built to house Toronto’s new low-floor streetcars.

Victoria St. and Queen St. E. - May 11- 31: Replace tracks and switches.

Broadview Ave. and Queen St. E. - June 30- July 25: Replace tracks and switches.

The 501 Queen streetcar, and 504 King streetcar during the Broadview Ave. and Queen St. E. intersection closure, will divert during this work. Frequent replacement bus service will be provided along Queen St. E. between Coxwell Ave. and River St. Increased north-south bus service on Greenwood, Jones and Pape Aves. will help get customers to and from Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) should they opt to take the subway. Details are outlined at ttc.ca.

The TTC, and the Leslieville and Riverside BIAs, remind everyone that businesses remain open, and encourage residents to continue to support local business during construction.

Note that work also involves water mains, sewers, etc.. Expect the complaints will only go to the TTC.

Note that work also involves water mains, sewers, etc.. Expect the complaints will only go to the TTC.

This was all over the news tonight and the complaints were endless. The TTC needs to be focussing on the immense service benefits the Leslie Barns will be producing to try to steel people through the process.

The anti-streetcar brigade in city council complain about how the cost went up for laying new track on Leslie, even though the work includes replacing old water mains that would have needed to be done anyway. And of course you also hear about traffic chaos, St Clair all over again, blablabla.

Back