News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

They don't have to do that they can just look at pasanger numbers for pole that get on a aparticular stop and alos how close it is to the next one.

Yes but the passenger numbers don't say everything about a stop. Sometimes the stops are there because the local community wants it there.

Things like seniors, churches etc are reasons for stops being where they are.

Yes but the passenger numbers don't say everything about a stop. Sometimes the stops are there because the local community wants it there.

Things like seniors, churches etc are reasons for stops being where they are.
They got rid of Sunday stop because they were only in front of Catholic churches, most of them also had a stop not too far away from it, they have never put special stops in front of anything else. If no one used a stip even if it's there for a good reason it should go. Although I do think there are some cases where they should put stops back that they removed. After they moved the stop for St. Andrew subway station further East they should have put the one at Simcoe back as there is a very large block without any streetcar stop now on that section of King.

They got rid of Sunday stop because they were only in front of Catholic churches, most of them also had a stop not too far away from it, they have never put special stops in front of anything else. If no one used a stip even if it's there for a good reason it should go. Although I do think there are some cases where they should put stops back that they removed. After they moved the stop for St. Andrew subway station further East they should have put the one at Simcoe back as there is a very large block without any streetcar stop now on that section of King.
There was a Sunday stop on College opposite the (old) Toronto General. Sunday was a big visiting day. It was removed about 2 years ago.

Last edited:
OT: DALLAS, Texas — The McKinney Avenue Transit Authority says that restoration efforts on an almost 70-year-old TTC PCC street car, No. 4614, should conclude by May.

Last edited:
That was probably the only one that wasn't in front of a Catholic church which the majority of them were.

They were generally near of any church not just Catholic churches, in the old city of Toronto, and most older parts of suburban Toronto. They were put up in the 1920's.

I'm a Born-Again Heretic. I dislike all faiths equally, save for respecting that they mean a lot to their parishioners, and I remember all churches not within a few minutes walk of a regular stop having Sunday Stops.
Exactly their used to be on in front of the one I go to and their is still a regular stop on a small side street in front of a seniors home.

Exactly their used to be on in front of the one I go to and their is still a regular stop on a small side street in front of a seniors home.
Your posts are not only in need of editing and spell-checking but they are also (as far as one can understand them) contradictory. Only a few posts ago you said:

"That was probably the only one that wasn't in front of a Catholic church which the majority of them were. ".

Now you appear to agree with W.K. Lis and say that they were in front of many churches. Maybe good to think before you post and then proof-read before you press enter?

What about 2017? They have no fucking idea what is going on. Until you tap on and off, and they fix the fare gates, it’s the same quality of data as ear of goat and eye of newt along with sprig of coriander, dance three turns around the kettle...

What about 2017? They have no fucking idea what is going on. Until you tap on and off, and they fix the fare gates, it’s the same quality of data as ear of goat and eye of newt along with sprig of coriander, dance three turns around the kettle...
If I remember correctly, they do not rely on presto gate data for station users calculations since most have fare paid area bus terminals. Instead, there are counters at every possible entrance and exit of the platform on a particular day they are surveying the station. It's filled with bias but it gives more accurate numbers than relying solely on the turnstiles.

Back