News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Yeah - that commute to (Tridel I assume?) is a long one from downtown. Have taken the TTC back from meetings there before - not something I'd like to do every day.

Yeah - that commute to (Tridel I assume?) is a long one from downtown. Have taken the TTC back from meetings there before - not something I'd like to do every day.
The car's not ready, so I took TTC again today. But this time my wife drove me to Dupont Stn on her way to work, and that made all the difference. Just seven stops to Shepherd West Stn. and the 105 bus was right there. The combo of car to Dupont and skipping the mess of Bathurst-Eglinton-Allen made my commute much faster than car alone. Perhaps a single-car household is in our future.

Last edited:
Whats the status of rewiring the streetcar network to pantograph use? I feel like the last 10% is taking 90% of the time.

The car's not ready, so I took TTC again today. But this time my wife drove me to Dupont Stn on her way to work, and that made all the difference. Just seven stops to Shepherd West Stn. and the 105 bus was right there. The combo of car to Dupont and skipping the mess of Bathurst-Eglinton-Allen made my commute much faster than car alone. Perhaps a single-car household is in our future.

I was hoping my family could become a one car household. But dropping my father to the GO in the morning was teeth gnashingly annoying. In the five minutes it took to drive there, he would whine bitch and moan about the same things he's been whining, bitching and moaning about for the last 20 years ?
Glad it works a bit better for your spouse and yourself...

I was hoping my family could become a one car household. But dropping my father to the GO in the morning was teeth gnashingly annoying. In the five minutes it took to drive there, he would whine bitch and moan about the same things he's been whining, bitching and moaning about for the last 20 years ?
Glad it works a bit better for your spouse and yourself...

In the interest of pedantic accuracy; I don't believe we've heard from The Admiral's spouse on how she thought the drive went. LOL

Don't know if its been mentioned yet; but the TTC has its phase 3 consultation survey up on a proposed 5-year service plan.

It doesn't take too long to fill out.

A reminder before you do, each section has a write-in box at the bottom; this is where you can add feedback on the general ideas and I think its the most useful part.

Its a chance to say this route needs better service; restrict parking here, add a new Blue Night Route there; or sure I'd love that idea BUT have you considered this...

Probably Tim's, not a cool indie like Happy Goat
As long as its someone and long over due. Lots of stations have more than enough room for X's to be there and not interfere with the flow of riders. Doesn't matter to me who it is since I don't drink coffee in the first place.

Noted this is post #10304.
Two different sources and nothing new doing that. I thought I had already post that info and it would had been before the first one. Its something TTC needs to do, with TTC getting a cut from the sales.

Whats the status of rewiring the streetcar network to pantograph use? I feel like the last 10% is taking 90% of the time.
They have done quite a lot in the past 6 months (for example, all of King is now done). They were doing some work on Church a few weeks ago but I think it's not all done yet. I cannot find their latest map of overhead work but think it continues into 2020.

I did this for a while up to Dufferin and Langstaff, coming from Bathurst Station. The bus ride is long when you go that far north - and it crawls from Finch to Steeles for the stretch it doesn't have HOV lanes. Typically took me a around an hour from what I recall. Bus was never super busy, and about half the people would get off at Dolomite to go to work at Environment Canada.

Driving in the morning comparatively would be like 25-30 minutes.. taking the bus was a hard pill to swallow. The drive back downtown was more competitive to the bus though, more like 45 minutes to drive.

I've done it once more since the Spadina extension opened, and instead boarded a YRT bus at York U that took a different route that was a bit faster and dropped me off a bit closer to my destination. Probably saves about 5 minutes overall, though the bus is less frequent.

The HOV's make it a pretty efficient bus route for the length it has them though.

Don't know if its been mentioned yet; but the TTC has its phase 3 consultation survey up on a proposed 5-year service plan.

It doesn't take too long to fill out.

A reminder before you do, each section has a write-in box at the bottom; this is where you can add feedback on the general ideas and I think its the most useful part.

Its a chance to say this route needs better service; restrict parking here, add a new Blue Night Route there; or sure I'd love that idea BUT have you considered this...

Thanks for sharing that i had no idea. I told them to improve the damn service on the horrid 52 Lawrence West by connecting it with Mount Dennis station via another branch of the route. Also told them to implement more express service in Scarborough on N-S routes (ie: Birchmount, Warden, Kennedy) since it's needed badly and also since the RT is about to crumble away with no successor in line to replace it.

Back