News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

From link.
asp2023_southetobicoke.jpg

Noticed that the 80B QUEENSWAY routing takes it along Newcastle Street, which puts it close to the Mimico GO Station. However, there is no change to the 76B ROYAL YORK routing, it still returns via Portland Street, one block north of Newcastle Street. We could having the 76B run westbound on Newcastle Street with the 80B running eastbound on Newcastle Street.

Guess there being still no better transfer integrated fare protocols between GO and the TTC, since they didn’t extend the 76B routing south to Newcastle Street, as well.

From link.
1666724141938.png

Last edited:
The TTC has now removed all the overhead on Wellington from York to Yonge. Presumably in preparation for re-stringing it all the way over to King/Church. Of course, they had already installed new wire and hangers from York to Yonge but I suppose 'practice may make perfect"! (This may explain why some blocks have not yet had new overhead, even once :->)

I really like all the east Scarborough service changes. The new routes and 54b extension will make getting around the area considerably easier. Also really like the new route from Rouge Hill GO to the Zoo, the TTC really has got to make connections to GO stations like this more often. More should have bus loops like Rouge Hill.
I'm glad they're allowing routes to be a little more free connecting to GO stations and not having to come all the way to/from the Subway network, even if its more beneficial that most routes do that anyways.

From link.
asp2023_southetobicoke.jpg

Noticed that the 80B QUEENSWAY routing takes it along Newcastle Street, which puts it close to the Mimico GO Station. However, there is no change to the 76B ROYAL YORK routing, it still returns via Portland Street, one block north of Newcastle Street. We could having the 76B run westbound on Newcastle Street with the 80B running eastbound on Newcastle Street.

Guess there being still no better transfer integrated fare protocols between GO and the TTC, since they didn’t extend the 76B routing south to Newcastle Street, as well.

From link.
View attachment 434708
They should keep the number 176 instead of calling it 80B

That's not how their "numbering scheme" works. It's called 176 because it runs on similar routing as 76 Royal York.
Please intrigue me on how? Besides it is in the area of the 76, it's riders and destination are totally different. Similar? It shares like 4 bus stops. The could have called it 180 and not make a mess between branches divert significantly making it difficult to display on some of the poorly created tracking apps. Then again, all the 17x routes are short shuttle routes. Including the to be implemented 170 Emmett and this proposed 173 Toronto Zoo-Rouge Hill route.

There isn't a numbering scheme for the TTC. They choose what they like now.

Also the 176 routing shown is wrong. It doesn't run on Marine Parade Dr. Just makes a loop on Park Lawn/Lake Shore.

Please intrigue me on how? Besides it is in the area of the 76, it's riders and destination are totally different. Similar? It shares like 4 bus stops. The could have called it 180 and not make a mess between branches divert significantly making it difficult to display on some of the poorly created tracking apps. Then again, all the 17x routes are short shuttle routes. Including the to be implemented 170 Emmett and this proposed 173 Toronto Zoo-Rouge Hill route.

There isn't a numbering scheme for the TTC. They choose what they like now.

Also the 176 routing shown is wrong. It doesn't run on Marine Parade Dr. Just makes a loop on Park Lawn/Lake Shore.
I think you do realise I put the words in quotes. At worst, the numbering is part random, part systematic.
67 and 167. 39 and the long cancelled 139. I am not even going to include the 900s and 300s.

180 is a good alternative, but they probably figured to make it a branch of 80 since it overlaps with a long section of 80's routing.

TTC hits major milestone with 33 billion rides

Oct. 27, 2022

The TTC has reached 33 billion rides on the system since beginning operations in 1921.

"Congratulations to the TTC on its 33 billion rides milestone and thank you to all the dedicated people who work to keep our transit system running every day,” said Mayor John Tory. "We worked hard throughout the pandemic to keep the TTC on track and protect transit for everyone. That work is continuing as we see ridership continuing to ramp up and we are doing everything we can to welcome more riders back to the system."

“I’d like to congratulate the TTC on surpassing over 33 billion riders,” said TTC Chair Jaye Robinson. “Though we saw a drop in ridership as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the TTC continued to move thousands of customers around the city. I want to thank the many TTC employees who keep Toronto moving every day, as this achievement would not have been possible without them.”

“Thirty-three billion riders is a major milestone, and one that we don’t take for granted,” said TTC CEO Rick Leary. “This achievement would not have been possible without our nearly 16,000 committed employees who dedicate themselves to getting our customers to and from their destinations safely. As we look towards our next century of service at the TTC, we’re working to build a sustainable transit system that our customers can continue to rely on and be proud of.”

The TTC surpassed 32 billion riders on May 12, 2019. As ridership continues to recover after the past two years of the COVID-19 pandemic, the TTC is putting a number of measures in place to support the increased demand for service. In September, service was increased system-wide to meet back-to-school demand, including adding more trains on Lines 1 and 2.

2022 has been an exciting year for the TTC as it recently completed the installation of its Automatic Train Control (ATC) signalling system on Line 1, meaning more frequent and reliable service for customers, and fewer signal-related delays.

The TTC surpassed 31 billion riders in June 2017, and 30 billion in August 2015.

The TTC and PRESTO have started upgrading bus and streetcar fare card readers in preparation for the introduction of new features next year.

New PRESTO card readers are now being field tested on two buses and one streetcar in advance of a full replacement of readers on both fleets. In total, more than 5,500 devices will be installed on TTC buses and streetcars between now and the end of January 2023. Readers on TTC fare gates will be replaced next year.

The new readers are an important step in the TTC's ongoing modernization efforts and will be future-ready for new customer-friendly services, such as open payment (credit/debit card and mobile device taps) when PRESTO makes that function available on the TTC in 2023.

The new readers are the same as those currently in use by other transit agencies across the Greater Toronto Area, including GO Transit buses. Readers on the TTC's Wheel-Trans system were replaced last month and have been working well.

For more information, customers can visit ttc.ca/presto

The yuppies of our fine city continue to be 100% in touch with the real issues plaguing the TTC: their logo.

The obsession with branding in this modern era is a real stain on our civilization. Like putting lipstick on a pig. All the issues the TTC has and this is what they choose to go after? Who cares about brand? Just make the service good and then who cares if the buses are painted in 1940s era blood and custard!

The yuppies of our fine city continue to be 100% in touch with the real issues plaguing the TTC: their logo.

The obsession with branding in this modern era is a real stain on our civilization. Like putting lipstick on a pig. All the issues the TTC has and this is what they choose to go after? Who cares about brand? Just make the service good and then who cares if the buses are painted in 1940s era blood and custard!
I really think the obsession is overstated.

Also in the article: third-party, unsolicited TTC rebrand

Company that makes money re-designing logos suggests you should re design logo lol

I really think the obsession is overstated.
I don't think so. It seems that every other day you hear about some company or other re-branding. And for what possible reason? Nothing changes about their functionality or services, unless it's a website rebrand, in which case it's usually for the worse. What did we gain from the Metrolinx rebranding in 2013? Or the TTC's new livery from a few years ago? I think the only people who actually materially benefited from those decisions were bus photographers who got a chance to photograph equipment in old and new liveries side by side!

You are correct that the rebrand is unsolicited. But as the article says, they are going to try to push the TTC to adopt it. The TTC is very big on missing the forest for the trees, so I wouldn't be so sure we've heard the last on this matter. I hope I'm wrong.

But as the article says, they are going to try to push the TTC to adopt it. The TTC is very big on missing the forest for the trees, so I wouldn't be so sure we've heard the last on this matter. I hope I'm wrong.
why should the TTC spend money they don't have to redo their logo just because some company says they should?

Back