News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

You are correct, and I am relieved. The part of the post I quoted above seemed to be referring to the service on the outer ends of the route, rather than the new route. But I see that the spreadsheets match your interpretation, and service from Broadview to Dundas West is remaining at 4' headways during AM peak, with slight reductions to off-peak and weekend service. That change is much more reasonable.
The 504 lost all the bus trippers in rush hour which might affect the 504 entirely. The 504 streetcars would be more packed which may contribute to worst service at both ends.

The 504 lost all the bus trippers in rush hour which might affect the 504 entirely. The 504 streetcars would be more packed which may contribute to worst service at both ends.
There's still streetcar trippers though in rush hour. Don't forget, that with the construction on Bathurst and St. Clair, and seasonal service reductions (school being out), that there's no streetcar shortage in July.

Who is going to the tour of the Leslie Barns during Doors Open ’016? (I’m not linking to the official page because its URL is the kind of insane 500-character nonsense that only incompetent developers would use. It won’t last.)

How is the official TTC page... 500-character nonsense?

That one is its own flavour of failure, with its endless length, underscores, and mixed case. If you can’t dictate your URL over the phone, it sucks. But Toronto has never really done “Web design.”

En tout cas, who’s going to Leslie Barns?

That one is its own flavour of failure, with its endless length, underscores, and mixed case. If you can’t dictate your URL over the phone, it sucks. But Toronto has never really done “Web design.”

En tout cas, who’s going to Leslie Barns?

You may take the route Five Hundred and One streetcar to Leslie Street, exit and walk south.

You may take the route Five Hundred and One streetcar to Leslie Street, exit and walk south.

No, I would be on the Eight-Three omnibus, which in all likelihood will not have extra service, because some old man at the TTC long ago decided that this was a Saturday and Saturdays have a certain level of service and why are we having this conversation? (That same thinking led to the fatality at Ashbridges Bay.)

"If ridership continues on its current course, the TTC will miss its year-end target of 553 million rides by between eight million and 13 million, leaving the commission with a revenue shortfall of $20 million to $30 million."​

So slightly higher ridership than 2015 (538 million; 535 million in 2014). They're $20M short of projected demand; a lousy growth projection inspired by keeping the subsidy/fare artificially low in the budget.

Pat each-others back on a balanced budget and deal with the short-fall later (evidently in June).

This 6+ million ridership projection over-estimation has happened in each of the last 3 years. I don't understand the optimistic projections; capacity simply isn't getting higher to carry passengers even if they were waiting on the curb.

Last edited:
I've been noticing on my commutes home the last few weeks as we move through May that there is a noticeable difference between aircon performance on the TRs vs T1s. T1s aren't as bad as H4 sweatboxes but definitely warmer.

I don't know what type of train it was, but the other afternoon I was on the subway -- it was in the mid-20s outside, but heat was blasting out from the vents below the seat. It didn't make for a pleasant ride.

Back