News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

You better hurry! The bus is just coming now...
1678038072555.png

Clearing snow windrows at transit stops will be done... by Spring.

You better hurry! The bus is just coming now...
View attachment 459888

Clearing snow windrows at transit stops will be done... by Spring.
Walter: You make many good and informative posts BUT you are, again, going overboard with posts of only minor (or no) relevance to the thread in question or ones that are repetitive. I really do not like to "Ignore" UTers but you are on the verge of getting onto my (short) Ignore list! No doubt that will worry you :->

Walter: You make many good and informative posts BUT you are, again, going overboard with posts of only minor (or no) relevance to the thread in question or ones that are repetitive. I really do not like to "Ignore" UTers but you are on the verge of getting onto my (short) Ignore list! No doubt that will worry you :->
Having snow windrows at transit stops maybe "minor" for you, but not so for the elderly, motorized scooters, walkers, baby strollers, or those with the occasional broken leg. The TTC needs to get a higher priority from Transportation and Councillors so people can get on and off the buses and streetcars without having to have mountain climbing equipment to do so. How can all of us use public transit if we can't get to the bus or streetcar stop or reach a subway station from home?

Last edited:
Having snow windrows at transit stops maybe "minor" for you, but not so for the elderly, motorized scooters, walkers, baby strollers, or those with the occasional broken leg. The TTC needs to get a higher priority from Transportation and Councillors so people can get on and off the buses and streetcars without having to have mountain climbing equipment to do so. How can all of us use public transit if we can't get to the bus or streetcar stop or reach a subway station from home?

I am probably older than you and I agree that windrows are dangerous but a photo of an alpine scene (as in your first posting) is no help!

I am probably older than you and I agree that windrows are dangerous but a photo of an alpine scene (as in your first posting) is no help!
Full agree.

Since the battery die, couldn't take photos of banks that I wanted, but not tag yet. Still have 1500 in backlog

King/Bathurst

133A7874.JPG
133A7875.JPG
133A7876.JPG

Spadina/King

133A7891.JPG

If they snow clearing employees work on minimum wage and forced to forbid their weekends, I’m sure more will get done. That’s not happening in Canada.

Saw these at Yonge and Bloor earlier. Any idea what they are for?

View attachment 459962
probably display screens for the sates of the various line along with elevators as well. They have been adding them to stations recently usually right by the entrance to them so people will know what the status of thigs live when they arrive at the sation.

probably display screens for the sates of the various line along with elevators as well. They have been adding them to stations recently usually right by the entrance to them so people will know what the status of thigs is live.

This makes sense. It was at the top of the Yonge to Bloor NB UP escalator.

Service status is a key thing to see there.

This makes sense. It was at the top of the Yonge to Bloor NB UP escalator.

Service status is a key thing to see there.
defiantly they have been putting them into all stations recently with at least one at every entrance. Some locations they hang from the celling and others they are mounted as in your picture. My guess is that they're also putting them in locations nearby to areas where people can transfer from one line to another as well.

Back