News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Instead of trying to brave the shuttle buses with my son, we took the bus down to Dundas and took that across the river this morning. Turned a half hour trip into a one hour one, which is not bad if it happens once in a while, but not good if it happens every four days.

Of course, this happens the very week I move and am overjoyed to be living next to a subway station again.

Bloor being down to one lane for the past few years made the shuttles even more painful didn’t one get in a collision last week?

Current ETA for resolution is 11:30am. Sounds like the spill is on the Eastbound tracks near Yonge.

Still nothing. I wonder if it will be back for the afternoon or if by some chance the MoE became involved.

I was caught up in the mess this morning and it was not fun. Thankfully, they were staging trains which meant I got as far as Sherbourne Station before exiting and walking to St George.

Still nothing. I wonder if it will be back for the afternoon or if by some chance the MoE became involved.

I was caught up in the mess this morning and it was not fun. Thankfully, they were staging trains which meant I got as far as Sherbourne Station before exiting and walking to St George.
Yes, this makes me think either the cleanup is far more complex than originally estimated, or the MoE is involved. If the TTC doesn't anticipate the line will be up for the afternoon rush they should be communicating that right now. I feel the TTC was better for this when Andy Byford was running things.

Yes, this makes me think either the cleanup is far more complex than originally estimated, or the MoE is involved. If the TTC doesn't anticipate the line will be up for the afternoon rush they should be communicating that right now. I feel the TTC was better for this when Andy Byford was running things.

If I am reading this correctly the MoE was legally required to be notified because the TTC is a public entity

https://www.ontario.ca/page/report-...of pollutants reporting spills,1-855-889-5775

As this is being typed, Track and Structure crews are doing a walking inspection of the EB tracks between Yonge and Bay (not sure if it is Upper or Lower Bay).

Turns out the test trains are sliding past the end of the platform at Broadview and we are still delayed.

Folks.. do not plan to have Line 2 Service from Broadview to St George prior to the evening rush.
can they not have a slow order to broadview or are the trains sliding at 10km/h?

can they not have a slow order to broadview or are the trains sliding at 10km/h?

They are following the wayside markers however I believe this may be a safety thing.

If trains are sliding past the platform attempting to stop, you don't want to have revenue service through the station. If you cannot safely stop, you cannot run revenue trains.

Three major shutdowns, at least 2 in AM rush in 8 days. Yeah, its been a bad bit.

It certainly isn't helpful to attract or retain ridership.

But to tie this back to Rick Leary's Management culture........

This is the result of a work car spilling fluid (not identified) on the track overnight.

They apparently didn't clean it up, all hands on deck, and instead pushed trains into service this morning.

Operators then reported skidding/slipping and being unable to stop on time at the next station (over-shooting into the tunnel).

The TTC then nixed service and went to clean up the mess.

What kind of culture of safety is this? (we'll do something about this if it causes a problem, not before)
Honestly after today's cluster***** clown show, I dont see how Rick Leary can or should continue as TTC CEO. The number of safety incidents which have happened under his watch, not even talking about general service degradation and non existent line management, has gotten out of hand.

Let's make a list of all the near disasters which have happened under his watch (feel free to add other incidents I missed):

1) Near catastrophic collision of 2 trains on Line 1 around Osgoode station, with 1 train stopping just metres short of colliding with an in-service train

2) Keele Yard derailment of subway train, in which was caused by the TTC failing to replace a part they knew needed to be replaced for over 2 years

3) Near catastrophic SRT derailment, leading to the ultimate permanent closure of Line 3

4) Cracked switch near Museum station which could have led to a severe derailment had the TTC not been lucky with instituting a slow order around the problem spot (only reason the slow order existed was because the TTC instituted around a dozen slow orders around the system because of the Line 3 incident).

I dont know what the mayor is waiting for to give this sorry fool the boot, do we have to wait for customers to get killed in an incident before he finally gets fired?

Yonge and Bloor wait for the eastbound shuttle bus:

IMG_7236.jpeg

1) Near catastrophic collision of 2 trains on Line 1 around Osgoode station, with 1 train stopping just metres short of collidng with an in-service train

We almost had a collision at Broadview earlier when a train was parked on the EB platform.

An incoming train forgot what platform to utilize nearly causing a collision.

I heard it on the scanner this afternoon.

Back