News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The problems with the Queens Quay tunnel will likely end as soon as the eastbound lane opens. This is only happening now because some people get down there thinking that the streetcar track must be the lane, because they can't see another way of going east at the moment.

So? Heck, I even did that once, first time I ever turned left from Lake Shore to Bathurst in the the dark. You just drive off. I don't think anyone even noticed other than my passenger. It doesn't impact service.
You asked how often it happens. I replied that personally I have seen it happen numerous times. You didn't mention the impact on service,but there was a fatal accident on Fleet a couple of years ago now because of it. Disruptions to service appear to be minimal because cars can exit, as I mentioned, but. It certainly happens quite frequently, and provided there is no streetcar in the vicinity, it can be quite amusing to watch drivers realize where they are

Last edited:
I take both Spadina and St Clair streetcars literally every day for work (I'm a foot courier). I've never seen any problems with cars on the tracks.

I'm not denying it happens (obviously it does), but I don't think it needs a drastic, big budget solution.

Kennedy Station Bus Bay Changes

http://ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Service_changes/Dec8_Kennedy.jsp

Kennedy_BusBay_Change.gif

Attachments

• Kennedy_BusBay_Change.gif
    Kennedy_BusBay_Change.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 490
You asked how often it happens. I replied that personally I have seen it happen numerous times. You didn't mention the impact on service,but there was a fatal accident on Fleet a couple of years ago now because of it.

If it's the same collision I'm thinking of, it involved someone driving onto the Fleet ROW from Stadium Rd, which takes some doing.

If it's the same collision I'm thinking of, it involved someone driving onto the Fleet ROW from Stadium Rd, which takes some doing.

That has now been fixed with bollards -- I can see it happening pre-bollards because it was frequently used as an illegal Uturn option so if you misjudged the turn or thought the ROW was the street, you'd end up on the tracks.

I thought it was a case of entering from Bathurst turning left into the streetcar ROW but I could be mistaken -- I do see that happen quite regularly.

You asked how often it happens. I replied that personally I have seen it happen numerous times.
I meant how often does a car get into streetcar tunnel. The context was the discussion of 3 recent incidents where cars have gotten into the Bay street tunnel.

So the new turnstile setup at Bathurst appears to be:

- one next to the collector booth, farebox only
- one next to that with pass reader and token slot
- farebox with TTC employee on a chair, wide space to walk through - what's the point of that?

- farebox with TTC employee on a chair, wide space to walk through - what's the point of that?

Maybe that wide space doubles as the accessible entry point? Unless there's a turnstile with an accessible gate and wide space somewhere else.

Presumably there's more coming? TTC previously commented that they wouldn't install the first of the new design of faregates until 2015.

A additional point where passengers can pay with cash and tickets. Very beneficial at the end of the month when the collector booth has a huge queue of people trying to buy metropasses.

Back