News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Torontonians, collectively, are incapable of being so intolerant of something that it leads to litter-induced ostracism.

OMG, please don't get me started with those people throwing garbage inside the train. There are so many times I want to confront them...especially seeing those supposedly " well-educated professional" getting off at St. Andrew, reading their newspaper then dump them on the train...God!

Again, I'll blame that on the TTC! As many have said it, it's stupid and retarded not to have the bins in the platforms. Plus, their stupid ads about not littering the train is too soft and weak, NOBODY CARES! If I were them, I'd do a very offensive and aggressive ads. My poster will be something like this "Hey Loser, Keep Your Trash With You, This Is Not Your House".

Controversy, yes, at least that will get people's attention and get them talk and think of their actions!

And shall I go on about the bus...? Drinking cans, cotton bottles, newspapers, chip bags...

It's totally embarrassing when my friend from out of town come visiting and we have to take the bus...

Late for work? So was TTC boss
Jan 28, 2008 11:11 AM
John Spears
CITY HALL BUREAU

"As a result of that, we had a person collapse southbound at Summerhill, and another person collapse southbound at Wellesley."
In both cases, other passengers triggered passenger assistance alarms that led to more delays.

Service was still crawling at 9.10 a.m., when another passenger had medical problems at Eglinton station.

I don't want to sound like a bitch. For those people are don't feel well, GET OFF THE FREAKING TRAIN! It's always because of them, the whole train with hundreds of people got delay.

It's been a bad week for TTC delays. Last Monday, some paper caught fire on the track at York Mills station.
The fire department came and took care of the problem, but when service resumed another fire flared up.
Then on Tuesday, some leaves caught fire outdoors at Victoria Park station, which also caused a delay.
TTC statistics will show that this morning's delays could be chalked up to three passenger alarms and one mechanical breakdown, Webster said.

Eh, what about last Saturday around 6:30pm, the train on Dundas West was totally dead. Only one single door was open, and the people on the train had to get off from that one single door!

The TTC and city have budgeted for new signals that will allow trains to travel closer together, speeding service. New cars are also in the works that will carry more passengers for each train.
However, those improvements won't be in place until 2012 on the Yonge subway line.

2012 only? Wow, I hope I can live to that day to see it!

OMG, please don't get me started with those people throwing garbage inside the train. There are so many times I want to confront them...especially seeing those supposedly " well-educated professional" getting off at St. Andrew, reading their newspaper then dump them on the train...God!

When it's a newspaper in good condition, I actually quite appreciate that. It's sort of like a library on the train.

When it's a newspaper in good condition, I actually quite appreciate that. It's sort of like a library on the train.

agreed, especially when someone nicely folds it up and puts it in that "shelf" thats behind the two-seaters by the doors on the T1 trains...

throwing it on the ground though, is another story :mad:

And Metro has "acknowledged" the problem and had the people collecting papers at Queen and King Stations for awhile. IMO, that does nothing but make them look like they're doing something.

Edmonton and Calgary, recent additions to the Metro city chain, have banned Metro boxes from around their stations. I definitely don't think we should do the same, the Metro is as synonymous to the morning commute as the subway, but there needs to be better solutions... perhaps a newspaper rack for the papers that hangs off the panels by the doors? That would solve two problems -- the papers, and people blocking the doors.

As do I. There are times when the racks are empty or you simply dont have time to grab one... having them on board comes in handy, even if they are second hand.

As do I. There are times when the racks are empty or you simply dont have time to grab one... having them on board comes in handy, even if they are second hand.
Indeed. Often I look in the subway car for one. And sometimes a Toronto Star or something else can be found! Bonus!

I *only* read them second hand. Otherwise, I'd be actively contributing to the problem...

I don't want to sound like a bitch. For those people are don't feel well, GET OFF THE FREAKING TRAIN! It's always because of them, the whole train with hundreds of people got delay.

Its not always that easy. A few weeks ago I found myself stuck on a train about to pass out. It just came out of nowhere during the stretch between St. Clair West and Dupont station. Luckily there was enough room for me to just sit down and get control of the situation, but had the train been packed like today I probably would have passed out on board.

By time the train got to Dupont I felt comfortable enough to continue to St. George.

agreed, especially when someone nicely folds it up and puts it in that "shelf" thats behind the two-seaters by the doors on the T1 trains...

throwing it on the ground though, is another story :mad:

But leaving newspaper on the train will end up on the floor...when newspapers are on the seat, the next person will throw it underneath the seat.

people stepping around + pages are flying around = garbage.

Its not always that easy. A few weeks ago I found myself stuck on a train about to pass out. It just came out of nowhere during the stretch between St. Clair West and Dupont station. Luckily there was enough room for me to just sit down and get control of the situation, but had the train been packed like today I probably would have passed out on board.

By time the train got to Dupont I felt comfortable enough to continue to St. George.

When if you don't feel well, get off the train. Sit at the platform and take some fresh air until you feel better and take the next train.

Most people know that they don't feel well, yet they still stay inside until they get sick, and then the whole freaking train has to stop.

Get off the train is good for you and thousands of other people.

If you can't take the crowd, wait for the next one.

St. Claire West always has empty train in the morning. This morning during rush hour, I didn't get on the crowded train. I waited for the empty train to come.

Torontonians, collectively, are incapable of being so intolerant of something that it leads to litter-induced ostracism.

If that's true, then this fight that supposedly started over someone littering must have been an isolated incident.

nfitz said:
Indeed. Often I look in the subway car for one. And sometimes a Toronto Star or something else can be found! Bonus!

That is a bonus, and it reminds me of this one incident where I saw some guy with a stack of Stars distribute them on streetcars and the subway. He would just leave them on the seats.

If that's true, then this fight that supposedly started over someone littering must have been an isolated incident.

It totally was. Combine one self-righteous cyclist with one road-rage prone driver, toss some litter at them (literally) and voila, a fight. Collectively, though, we're incapable of stopping litter via stares and mumbles.

Back