News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

TTC Tokens: Are there enough?

Everyone: I found this topic interesting-I remember how the NYCTA used to try to limit sales before a fare increase and threatened to change the token also.

I know that after the TTC went thru the great expense of new tokens after those embarassing counterfeiting incidents that the TTC will NOT change the current token-most savvy riders know.

Since the TTC eliminated tickets there is more emphasis on tokens to some riders who do not purchase a Metropass-does the token supply not add up to the demand?

With the coming of a Smart Card system in the future will the TTC try to eliminate tokens in favor of passes similar to what NYC did with the success of the Metrocard? Tokens were finally eliminated by NYCTA in 2003 I believe.

Thoughts by LI MIKE

It took only days to post notices at various stations booth ""No Tokens for Sale""

Surprise, surprise........................as plan.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

TTC moves fast on anti-rider initiatives. If only pro-rider initiatives could be implemented so quickly.

couldn't get tokens either, and for the cash price I ended up taking a cab, cost me a couple of dollars more but it was worth it! (plus, I was able to expense it)

Nice job TTC, and as someone that owns a car (paid off and cheap on gas), count me as an occasional TTC user that won't be using your service much if at all.
The TTC just doesn't try.

hmm what's to stop someone from going to the token machine and, purchasing 5 tokens and then repeating the process over and over?
Is the guy sitting in the ticket booth really watching? Does he even care? What are they going to do anyway, tell you to stop after you already bought your tokens? I don't understand how on earth they'd police this. Pay someone $30/hour to guard the token machines?

After leaving the city for one year and experiencing a transit system that is superior in every way my few trips back onto the TTC (subway) have made me cringe and hearing the news of an impending fair hike is ridiculous, now I hear this...

I really hope the TTC gets dismantled and re-built. Obviously the lack of funding on behalf of the feds and province has a lot to do with it, but things such as only being able to buy 5 tokens at a time should never be implemented...

Yesterday morning @ 10am one of the three machines at Finch was out of tokens and the other two were only dispensing them one at a time.

I forgot to look, but does anyone know what you pay when buying one token at a time? Is it $2.75 or $2.25?

Thankfully both collectors had some left but there were long lines at each booth with folks wanting to buy tokens...

Myself I have a Metropass this month, but I don't plan on getting one next month since I only have a couple of classes + exams. Usually that'd mean I'd just get tokens when I need them, but now I'm buying them up in advance to make sure I have some when I do need them.

Back