News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I took it a few times from Sheppard - Younge to Sheppard west and it was usually pretty empty by the time it got to either station. Most of the people using it to or from York university got off at Sheppard west and would head to other buses or to the subway.
... because there's a subway now, whereas there wasn't before?

... because there's a subway now, whereas there wasn't before?
What I meant was most people got off at stops between Sheppard west and Sheppard - Younge. There were some people who stayed on it when it got to Sheppard west heading east but the majority of passengers were from the mid point of the route.

What I meant was most people got off at stops between Sheppard west and Sheppard - Younge. There were some people who stayed on it when it got to Sheppard west heading east but the majority of passengers were from the mid point of the route.
The 196B only had one stop between Sheppard West and Sheppard-Yonge (Bathurst)

I believe there is some degree of demand as the TTC used to run a branch of the York University Rocket to Sheppard-Yonge (196B) and in my recollection it was always pretty full from end to end when I would take it. I understand that this is simply anecdotal and that the 196 only operated during rush hours. I invite others to correct me if I am misremembering.
196B was discontinued, replaced with line 1 extension + 984 full day express service.

I'd say a plausible timeline is one that gets us an EA visibly underway in time for the NEXT provincial election... as in 2024ish until we start to see anything specific.

If Ford loses I'd say there's a pretty good chance that Finch LRT extensions and/or the 407 Transitway could well end up higher priorities.

I'd say a plausible timeline is one that gets us an EA visibly underway in time for the NEXT provincial election... as in 2024ish until we start to see anything specific.

If Ford loses I'd say there's a pretty good chance that Finch LRT extensions and/or the 407 Transitway could well end up higher priorities.
I can also see the EELRT jumping up the priority list if the Cons loose. As it stands now the EELRT is a city project but I can see the Liberals and/or NDP throwing there support behind it.

There were no contracts awarded for the existing subway projects (which is worrisome, in my mind) - let alone undesigned lines.
Oh no. Having a lot of fanfare and public display of seemingly making things happen and not actually signing any contract is straight from the old conservative playbook. However, I see a contract signed for Scarborough tunnels and shovels in the ground which is at least something. There are Ontario Line RFPs in the market since December 2020 for the south civil stations and tunnel contact, and the rolling stock, systems, operations, and maintenance contract so hopefully they can manage to sign something before the election.

A brief reference to a future extension in the Downsview Lands - proposed Framework Plan link here
The Framework Plan preserves opportunity for further transit expansion, including local surface routes and the potential extension of TTC Line 4 Sheppard.
i.e. It's not necessary for our development, but nothing we're doing will prevent it in future.

Frankly, until the DND sells the Denison Armoury lands to a big shot developer, there's no way they'll extend Line 4 to Down.. sorry Sheppard West.

Is there any chance of this? I thought they built a new armoury there a few years back and isn't there other government buildings adjacent to it?

Is there any chance of this? I thought they built a new armoury there a few years back and isn't there other government buildings adjacent to it?
You can see in the screenshot below the large area next to the Subway station that remains in DND ownership. No public plans for anything yet.

Some screenshots and cool renderings from the application.

Here is the link in case you guys haven't read: https://44e0cc70-0fba-43fa-98a1-d99...d/4ea6e4_83b2b0b8db67436782994a36ab9e5c3a.pdf

View attachment 354755

There are a few interesting other errors here though, i.e. the Milton line has an imaginary alignment which stays south of Bloor and doesn't connect to Bloor GO or Kipling GO, SSE looks like an extension of Line 5 rather than Line 2, no station icon for Kipling, etc.
And Spadina-Front is served by the Kitchener Line rather than the Barrie Line.

new-smarttrack-stations-small.jpg

Maybe interesting, maybe nothing - Sheppard extension shown here to McCowan with no interchange indicated for Agincourt GO. I'd hope that the station at Sheppard/Kennedy has a convenient tunneled connection to Agincourt GO!

There are a few interesting other errors here though, i.e. the Milton line has an imaginary alignment which stays south of Bloor and doesn't connect to Bloor GO or Kipling GO, SSE looks like an extension of Line 5 rather than Line 2, no station icon for Kipling, etc..
From all indications the Sheppard extension is less than a drawing on a napkin, so accurate connections to GO lines isn't surprising.

Back