News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Personally I won't miss the 1960s washroom motif of the BD line.

Though if station after station of endless banality turns you on, it seems that's how they are going to do the Eglinton line.

I noticed last week or the week before at Union, they've finally replaced those hand-written signs on the stairwell walls telling patrons to use the other stairwell to access streetcars. Small thing, but every bit helps.

Personally I won't miss the 1960s washroom motif of the BD line.

Though if station after station of endless banality turns you on, it seems that's how they are going to do the Eglinton line.

You know as well as I do that it's going to be just like Museum all over again. what was a relatively unnoticeable station that faded into the public bathroom background (and even had conveniently pee-coloured tiles) and turned it into a tacky mess that matches nothing, while the other two stations fell through.

Then the other half-assed projects. You know, the awful LED lights that fill a third of St Andrew or the way they retiled ten feet of (osgoode? st andrew? can't remember) before giving that one up too.

Especially with Ford now mayor, the station modernization is probably on hold for at least half a decade. Get ready for bathroom- bathroom - bathroom - hideous, tacky station matching nothing else - bathroom -bathroom. It's worse than doing nothing. At least before they were consistently mediocre and unmemorable.

considering were paying TTC's Janitor a ridiculously high wages, you can find better washrooms in India these days...

I note that Wilson, York Mills and Pape have yet to get One Stop platform screens still. I can understand Pape, as it is going to be renovated, but the other two makes no sense. Wilson remains the number one candidate for complete implosion partly due to its horrible bus-subway connections. But empty frames for OneStop screens have been there for months.

Here's hoping.

Last edited:
Then the other half-assed projects. You know, the awful LED lights that fill a third of St Andrew or the way they retiled ten feet of (osgoode? st andrew? can't remember) before giving that one up too.
It's St. Andrew with the new (good looking) tiling. It was never meant to be done throughout the whole station. It was a test and they have unfortunately run into durability problems with the material, so it's future is uncertain.

considering were paying TTC's Janitor a ridiculously high wages, you can find better washrooms in India these days...
I blame patrons more than the janitors. Shit just doesn't find it's way out of the toilet bowl and smear itself all over the wall.

I note that Wilson, York Mills and Pape have yet to get One Stop platform screens still. I can understand Pape, as it is going to be renovated, but the other two makes no sense. Wilson remains the number one candidate for complete implosion partly due to its horrible bus-subway connections. But empty frames for OneStop screens have been there for months.

Here's hoping.

I think neither Lawrence nor Sheppard have them yet, either...

The Montréal Metro has only 6 (six) stations out of 68 stations, that are wheelchair accessible, and all on their orange line.

Toronto has 25 stations currently, soon to be 30 out of 69.

The Montréal Metro has only 6 (six) stations out of 68 stations, that are wheelchair accessible, and all on their orange line.

Somehow Quebec managed to opt out of the mandatory accessibility standards for older structures. There was actually a lot of noise made about it during the last provincial election as the 45 year olds who opted out to save money realized they're now 60 and having a harder time moving about.

Somehow Quebec managed to opt out of the mandatory accessibility standards for older structures. There was actually a lot of noise made about it during the last provincial election as the 45 year olds who opted out to save money realized they're now 60 and having a harder time moving about.

Worse yet, most of the Montréal stations are deeper than Toronto's stations. It could take longer for Montréal to dig out a shaft for each of their elevators. Saving money comes back to haunt them. Something to remember if one wants politicians to save money today, but forget that they may need it in the future.

Looks like Dupont has received LED lighting. I think it loses just a little bit of its character, but I guess the trade-off is we'll see less burnt out or uncovered lights. The mercury(?) lights remain at the section with the mosaics at platform level.

Be glade for accessibility stations that we have. If you were in Paris or London, you are shit out luck trying to find one.

At the same time, changing lines can take you up and down stairs more time than enough, not counting the long walks up to a mile for that change.

What we have for poor stations is still first class over here.

Back