News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I know that the BRT is for buses, specifically TTC buses, but what about other buses. Could GO buses, York Region Transit buses, and school buses use the bus rapid transit lanes?

YRT (and future Brampton) yes. GO, yes (but they don't have any routes which could really benefit from it). Private buses, unclear but I would support this. Greyhound takes cars off the road too, but they might not have any routes that could benefit from it.

If York region wants to use the bus lanes then they should be made to carry TTC passengers along the route

If York region wants to use the bus lanes then they should be made to carry TTC passengers along the route

Point your arrow the other way around and you'll be aiming right. :)

It's Toronto who won't let them pick people up.

Toronto should cooperate and coordinate services with the 905? That's just crazy talk, never going to happen.

An order to cooperate could come in a provincial policy statement. The new Metrolinx law allows for such things.

I know that the BRT is for buses, specifically TTC buses, but what about other buses. Could GO buses, York Region Transit buses, and school buses use the bus rapid transit lanes?

VIVA Orange line certainly should use the York U busway to get to Downsview.

For other YRT or GO routes, York U busway does not seem to be of any use.

However, TTC's Finch West buses might use the busway section in the Hydro Corridor while the light rail tracks are being built on Finch.

TTC's Dufferin 105 and Alness 117 buses might use about 1 km of the busway on Allen Rd., between Kennard and Finch.

The proposed routing changes for 104, 105, 117, and 196 TTC services when the new busway opens are on the TTC's website:
http://www3.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Co...upplementary_Reports/York_University_Busw.pdf

The effective date is listed as "Sunday, September 6, 2009, or sooner, if the busway is completed earlier".

Thanks for the update.

I did not know that they are going to shift 105 Dufferin and 117 Alness onto the busway, and extend 104 to serve Wilson Hts in lieu of 105 / 117.

I did not know that they are going to shift 105 Dufferin and 117 Alness onto the busway, and extend 104 to serve Wilson Hts in lieu of 105 / 117.

It seems kind of backwards. As if they're trying to justify the busway's existence (the 196 alone justifies the busway, IMO). I wonder what the folks on Wilson Heights think about the reduction in service.

Personally, I think the TTC should consider re-routing the 107 to use the busway and creating a new rush-hour only route to serve the Chesswood/Ceramic Rd industrial park area (and/or move the 117 to Chesswood). It would make a lot of sense to try and speed things up for those riders in York region forced to take a long, winding trip on the 107.

It seems kind of backwards. As if they're trying to justify the busway's existence (the 196 alone justifies the busway, IMO). I wonder what the folks on Wilson Heights think about the reduction in service.

If the Wilson Heights folks complain loudly enough, perhaps TTC will run 117 along with 104 via Wilson Heights, while redirecting 105 to the busway.

Personally, I think the TTC should consider re-routing the 107 to use the busway and creating a new rush-hour only route to serve the Chesswood/Ceramic Rd industrial park area (and/or move the 117 to Chesswood). It would make a lot of sense to try and speed things up for those riders in York region forced to take a long, winding trip on the 107.

Apparently, the considered that option, but concluded that the number of Finch Ave. riders invonvenicened by such a change will almost match the number of riders who benefit.

I'm guessing you go to Mackenzie? Do you ride the 105/117 to school? If so, then it's not so bad. I think the time saved by avoiding Wilson Heights will be returned by the savings on going fast down Dufferin Street. Downsview is only about a 5 minute walk from school.

Took a walk along the BRT route and TTC will not be using The Hydro section until sometime in September.

All the traffic lights are in place except at Aimess.

The York ROW is waiting final top coat as well final grading on the north side. TTC can use this any time once the paving is done.

2 different types of lights poles on the ROW on York ground.

The section between Keele St and the tracks is a swamp area and contractor waiting for it to dry up before putting down sub base.

The section between the tracks and Aimess is mostly done with part of it waiting for based asphalt. The other section from the high point to the tracks still has to be done. The road grade is a lot higher now and cannot see why it has to be. It will be a steep drop to the track crossing as well to the west. This can be seen in the photo's.

The grade crossing of the tracks still has to be done now the siding tracks have been removed.

Hydro and light poles still have to be relocated at Aimess.

The section from Aimess to Dufferin has seen no work other than a sink hole and culvert.

More work has been done on Dufferin St. Sidewalk being install on the east side.

Work is still proceeding at Downsview for the new entrance/exit to Dufferin St.

Started paving

Within the last couple of weeks, the section from Alness west to the tracks has been paved and this week has seen the installation of light standards.

Should be interesting to see whether this is completed as planned for the new school year in September.

Within the last couple of weeks, the section from Alness west to the tracks has been paved and this week has seen the installation of light standards.

Should be interesting to see whether this is completed as planned for the new school year in September.

That section was ready for paving when I was there last. The section fell short of the tracks back on May 19. If it up to the tracks now, some major push.

We will know later this month if there will be an late Aug opening that TTC is hoping for.

Back