Who will be the next US president?

• John McCain

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 14.6%

• Total voters
I would say it is time to update the poll, but there is only one vote that needs to be reallocated.... the John Edwards vote. Personally, I did not like John Edwards as a candidate (a change from 4 years ago).... the more I felt I got to know the candidate - the more phony he seemed to be (IMHO). The same way that Mitt Romney is a phoney, changing on every major plank of what he was when he was Govenor. People can change opinions on important issues (although rare on average), but too many convenient changes makes a candidate seem like he has a failure of a strong internal compass.

mitt-guy.JPG

Halabja was bombarded more than twenty times by Iraqi regime's warplanes with chemical and cluster bombs.

Gee, I wonder where they got those chemical and cluster bombs from?

I would say it is time to update the poll, but there is only one vote that needs to be reallocated.... the John Edwards vote. Personally, I did not like John Edwards as a candidate (a change from 4 years ago).... the more I felt I got to know the candidate - the more phony he seemed to be (IMHO). The same way that Mitt Romney is a phoney, changing on every major plank of what he was when he was Govenor. People can change opinions on important issues (although rare on average), but too many convenient changes makes a candidate seem like he has a failure of a strong internal compass.

He's the guy who called on Americans to sell their SUVs, but decided that he would only drive his less often. I'm not against someone deciding to drive an SUV one day a month rather than everyday, but in his case it's laughably hypocritical. Chrysler's response to Edwards was also ludicrous, comparing his recommendation to communist governments which only sold very poorly designed, but gas sipping Trabants.

As far as Mitt Romney goes, a Gremlin will do. After all, his dad ran the company

i just loved Obama slap on the face to his own kind....

about how immigrants are causing black people to have no jobs. He said they were using immigrants as scapegoats...

If blacks comprised the social bottom for so long and now don't even have the jobs that status afforded them anymore, it doesn't surprise me one bit that there's tension between them and new immigrants who essentially have blended in quite easily amongst comtemporary Americans.

Obama, however is representative of everyone cause no matter how you look at it, a non-white in office can do more for non-whites of all backgrounds than wishing and hoping the 'system' will assist. I only wished Mrs. Clinton had put her selfishness aside and not stand in the way of making history, not that the 1st female president wouldn't be historic, just not this one. The Clintons had their time, now lets hold Americans accountable to their motto of being the world's melting pot.

I only wished Mrs. Clinton had put her selfishness aside and not stand in the way of making history,

Wow...how well do you know the Clintons?

Perhaps it's Obama who is selfish....and it seems tobe very clear that you might have a racist chip on your shoulder? Hate much?

If blacks comprised the social bottom for so long and now don't even have the jobs that status afforded them anymore, it doesn't surprise me one bit that there's tension between them and new immigrants who essentially have blended in quite easily amongst comtemporary Americans.

Obama, however is representative of everyone cause no matter how you look at it, a non-white in office can do more for non-whites of all backgrounds than wishing and hoping the 'system' will assist. I only wished Mrs. Clinton had put her selfishness aside and not stand in the way of making history, not that the 1st female president wouldn't be historic, just not this one. The Clintons had their time, now lets hold Americans accountable to their motto of being the world's melting pot.

That's incredibly racist. Obama should win based on his qualifications and leadership and not as some kind of black messiah.

Wow...how well do you know the Clintons?

Perhaps it's Obama who is selfish....and it seems tobe very clear that you might have a racist chip on your shoulder? Hate much?

I choose to look beyond Obama as just a black candidate. He's a composite of many things, many communities and has the youth and innovative thinking Washington's definitely lacking. I much as it pains me to say, Middle America just might precieve him as the black candidate irregardless of his qualifications. We may as well put a positive spin on his ad hominen situation and allow a multifaceted man bring multifacets of society together ;)!

Back