News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

This thread ought to be good! I've seen some pretty poor renos in my life and it's a shame I didn't have photos of them for documentation.

Here are some sample photos from this property at 576 Brookedale Ave, listed at $1,994,000 after being purchased for a little less than $1,300,000 in 2010.

week-brookdale0_1389430cl-8.jpg

week-brookdale0_1389433cl-8.jpg

Maybe these are the before pictures and they'll reveal the after photos later? :p

Not my taste but at least it looks well done. I've seen some really, really shoddy work in my day and that IMO is far worse than tacky decor/design.

Not my taste but at least it looks well done. I've seen some really, really shoddy work in my day and that IMO is far worse than tacky decor/design.

well i think most would agree really poor quality materials and workmanship are worse than tacky decor/design, but how can you conclude the quality based on a few non-high resolution pics?

i've seen plenty of MLS pics and then saw the property directly. upon closer examination, one sees the defects, etc that don't show up in photos

That's not my cup of tea, but it's not totally awful IMO. I despise those pillars, and I don't like the bedroom wallpaper, but most of the rest of it is just furniture and art that I don't like. Change the furniture and artwork and it'd look a lot better. Plus, I'm guessing it'd probably be only a couple of thousand bux to redo those pillars decently. The core is likely steel, so the rest of those pillars are just for show. A couple of thousand bux is about 0.1% of the cost of the place (assuming it's priced appropriately).

BTW, my favourite from my condo hunting fun recently was the life size mural of the Simpsons painted on the wall.

Back