News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Some concrete pads for I assume new track. Union Station Rail Corridor east.

USRCEastJuly2018no1

USRCEastJuly2018no2

X-posted from the GO Construction thread:

Notice of Completion. Union Station Rail Corridor (USRC) East Enhancements Project - Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP).

Taking a look at the EPR, nothing too new. The EO track is shifted a bit north of Track E1 between Cherry Street and it's tie-in closer to the Don. There's also no roughing in for the Cherry Streetcar extension.

Here's the design for the Wilson Yard redevelopment/Don Yard expansion...looks a little skewed (look at how the Track E0 is drawn vs the Appendix A drawings), but you get the idea.

upload_2018-8-17_11-4-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-17_11-4-14.png
    upload_2018-8-17_11-4-14.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,073
Signal upgrade work continues.

Signalling Upgrade Activity Update - Weekend work impacts: April 13-14: USRC-East

Metrolinx is committed to updating our neighbours along the Union Station Rail Corridor (USRC) about project developments and upcoming construction information. Please view the enclosed link for a summary of 2018-19 construction work activities within the east Union Station Rail Corridor: http://www.metrolinx.com/en/regionalplanning/rer/USRC-East_Brochure_2018-EN.pdf

- ADVANCE NOTICE -

Signal caisson footing work - weekend of April 13-14 2019

Similar to the Caisson footing work performed on the Family Day Weekend east of Sherbourne Street, significant work impacts involving signal bridge caisson footing installations will occur well to the east of the Cherry Street
Tower, over the weekend of April 13-14.

The following are details that have been confirmed:

• Drill rigs/equipment/support floats are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday April 10th thru Friday April 12th in advance of work to allow for assembly and setup.
  • most disruptive work will occur between 0700-1900 hrs (7 a.m. - 7 p.m.) on both Saturday and Sunday, April 13-14.
  • work conducted after 7 p.m. will be cleanup only.
  • The work site is located on Tracks E1 and E7, on the east side of Cherry Street, with the Cherry Street Streetcar loop to the north and the South Don River Trail to the south.

^The first step towards double berthing, perhaps....but with absolutely no stairwells on that platform, it would be awful at rush hour. I suspect VIA will be the immediate benefactor.

- Paul

^The first step towards double berthing, perhaps....but with absolutely no stairwells on that platform, it would be awful at rush hour. I suspect VIA will be the immediate benefactor.

- Paul
I assume for those 22+ car Canadians VIA operates in peak summer season?

I assume for those 22+ car Canadians VIA operates in peak summer season?
You occasionally get a 20- to 24-car GO train when there is an issue with the locomotive on the lesser traveled lines (e.g. Richmond Hill). Currently they unload half the train, reposition, and then unload the second half before heading to the Don Yard to rebuild.

Back