• Employee Stock Ownership Plans

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • A mix of both

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here is an interesting topic for discussion.

Both have their benefits and drawbacks.

I personally prefer to have aspects of both, but in some cases, they're mutually exclusive.

Note that Employee Stock Ownership Plans are not the same as worker cooperatives.

What do you think? Please vote in the above poll and state your rationale.

Here is an interesting topic for discussion.

Both have their benefits and drawbacks.

I personally prefer to have aspects of both, but in some cases, they're mutually exclusive.

Note that Employee Stock Ownership Plans are not the same as worker cooperatives.

What do you think? Please vote in the above poll and state your rationale.

Can you give me a case where ESOPs and unions are ‘mutually exclusive’?

You’re comparing apples and pomegranates.

Can you give me a case where ESOPs and unions are ‘mutually exclusive’?

You’re comparing apples and pomegranates.
Bombardier and Magna International both had a discussion about using unions vs. ESOPs. The executives of the respective companies decided that employees get either unions or ESOPs, not both.

The executives of both decided to give Bombardier unions and Magna International ESOPs.

However, there are quite a number of businesses (that are neither Bombardier nor Magna International) that grant both union membership and ESOPs.

Bombardier and Magna International both had a discussion about using unions vs. ESOPs. The executives of the respective companies decided that employees get either unions or ESOPs, not both.

The executives of both decided to give Bombardier unions and Magna International ESOPs.

However, there are quite a number of businesses (that are neither Bombardier nor Magna International) that grant both union membership and ESOPs.

It’s interesting the terms you use: give, grant. Unions might be ‘welcomed’ or ‘not resisted’, but they are hardly in management’s position to grant.

Back