News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

hey look guys! it's kenny and spenny's house!

4437402414_c163b1f721_b.jpg

One of my favourite little houses in Rosedale, a neighbourhood that doesn't have a whole lot of them! i find the simple proportions of this house just about perfect, and it reminds me how beautiful brick can be when it is painted.

there are a few of these flat roofed houses sprinkled around the hood. but this is the best example...

faae150a.gif

3e69b7ff.gif

I wanted to keep it a secret, but yes, that is where the KVP house is located. I don't believe they will be "living" there in future seasons (if they continue the show) as i saw the place for rent.

A few examples of east end houses and apartments with an emphasis on DIY additions / amateur architecture.

Concrete catastrophe at 1894 Danforth Avenue:

danforth1894.jpg

Wall of wood at 1770 Danforth Avenue:

danforth1770.jpg

Makeshift minimalism at 65 Dawes Road:

dawes65a.jpg

Monsterous amalgamation at 592-595 Danforth Road:

danforth592594.jpg

Elegent entrance at 525 Danforth Ave.

danforth525.jpg

Angular abode at 189 Danforth Road:

danforth189.jpg

Siding-clad corner on Kingston Road:

kingstonc.jpg

Chivalric sculpture at 222 Westlake Avenue:

westlake222.jpg

Some of those were interesting, but others (especially the earlier ones) were brutal and offensive. I wouldn't mind have a big statue in my front yard, though it would have to be less kitschy.

Those are some pretty scary looking houses i would hate to see what the inside looks like.

This house in Bloor West Village

Ellis Park House is a 4,300 square foot family home located in the Bloor West Village neighborhood of Toronto in Ontario, Canada. The single family home, completed in 2006, presents a great example of a holistic and integrated approach to sustainable design. Altius Architecture Inc. overcame construction challenges to successfully build this “bold modern house†on an overgrown infill site, and the Ellis Park House sets a standard for sustainability that the firm continues to practice today.

http://inhabitat.com/2010/04/23/ell...ainable-standard-for-altius-architecture-inc/

Some of those were interesting, but others (especially the earlier ones) were brutal and offensive. I wouldn't mind have a big statue in my front yard, though it would have to be less kitschy.

Though when it comes to "earlier ones", there's a certain formal "authenticity" to this one that I dig
danforth189.jpg

It could make for an interesting studio (or something) conversion.

^ Next logical step - knight riding an elephant!

...perhaps somewhere out in Downsview?

The Shaft House located on 251 Lumsden Avenue. designed by Atelier Rzlbd and Urbanline. It's for sale for $699,000.00

Back