News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

170 Brookbanks Dr

35mfbwm.jpg

I went back this evening to take a couple more photos of 118 Three Valleys Dr (see previous page; the last two photos). From that angle you can see the corten a lot better and how it contrasts very nicely with the white brick and dark accents. Such a fantastic house.

At one time fake homes were built to house local electrical-power transformers.
Many are still operational - this one was in Leaside - appears to be a 1940s photo

fake house in Leaside.jpg

Attachments

• fake house in Leaside.jpg
    fake house in Leaside.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 1,678
Is there any other main street in Toronto where garages will be found like this?
Must be difficult to manoeuvre when parking.

Dundas St. E., west of Jones Ave.

That's because Dundas East (and west) is a bunch of streets - and back lanes in this case - strung together.

53 Dagmar was lopped off from 55 Dagmar for the extension
s0372_ss0033b_it0242.jpg

Dundas East between the railway tracks and Jones in 1947 and 1956

Dundas 1947.JPG

Dundas 1956.JPG

Attachments

• Dundas 1947.JPG
    Dundas 1947.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,348
  • Dundas 1956.JPG
    Dundas 1956.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,398
The Henry Fliess house is for sale at a cool 1.8M. At 2100 square feet it's big enough for a relative-size family. Houses like this MUST be protected by the city and not allowed to be torn down and replicated. How can I watch whether applications are made and know when the CoA/OMB hearings would be?

http://www.eckojay.com/listings/111567/moreinfo

Across the street from the previous post: 94 Laurentide Dr? (can't make out the address)

This one is interesting. I wonder if it could be designed by Teeple? The portion above the garage reminds of the pavilion at Sherbourne Common (just needs some hockey puck dents in it to match).

zwga4p.jpg

I have lived in the area for 8 years and never noticed this gem! Thanks!

The Henry Fliess house is for sale at a cool 1.8M. At 2100 square feet it's big enough for a relative-size family. Houses like this MUST be protected by the city and not allowed to be torn down and replicated. How can I watch whether applications are made and know when the CoA/OMB hearings would be?

I spoke with Ecko Jay at the open house last Sunday. All the prospective buyers (all Chinese) want to tear it down. I, as well as others, tried to get it listed. Apparently, that never worked out and the house will most likely be demolished.

No idea. Reach out to Councillor Minnan-Wong re the house. He won't listen to me, as I've called him out on so many issues. I doubt he would care about saving this house, but it is worth a try. I've contacted Geoff Kettel from the North York Preservation Panel and discussed the issue. The more people that express interest in preserving it, the better.

Back