News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I'll admit my passion for Sid Smith does lie in the office portion. I've never felt 'oppressed' by the lecture halls and classrooms in the southern wing, but admittedly they've never done much to turn my crank either. Fortunately the plan here is only for redevelopment of the southern complex and 'extensive renovation' of the north vertical portion so those like me can breathe a small sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, in Alberta (and the "devaluation of humanities" point, which I metaphorically invoked re Sid Smith's present clapped-outness, turns up again)

And of course, U of T Is Losing Its Iconic Steps And People Can't Stop Talking About It ;-)

Meanwhile, in Alberta (and the "devaluation of humanities" point, which I metaphorically invoked re Sid Smith's present clapped-outness, turns up again)

And of course, U of T Is Losing Its Iconic Steps And People Can't Stop Talking About It ;-)

The former seems to be the result of provincial gutting...

"It comes as the university undergoes major restructuring in response to cuts to its operation grant from the provincial government."

...so even buildings with heritage value may not be spared. So this likely puts another angle in the debate that's not really present because getting needed funding yanked is not an issue here.

Source: From first linked article.

Last edited:

Back