News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The designers for the new public washrooms in the East Village should take a look at Thompson Family Park in the Beltline. It's just dry dirt crumbling down an artificial hill. It might look like a nice healthy, stable green slope in a rendering but in reality.... nope

The designers for the new public washrooms in the East Village should take a look at Thompson Family Park in the Beltline. It's just dry dirt crumbling down an artificial hill. It might look like a nice healthy, stable green slope in a rendering but in reality.... nope
The hill with the slide isn't holding up? That's too bad.

I like going to that park with my kid, but it's an interesting dynamic - families and street people coexisting in a delicate balance.

A rare instance where artificial turf would be preferred.

I’d also go for a thick mat of moss/clover. But I think we’re too dry for it.

Hopefully it's used more than that skating/hockey rink the City put up a little while ago. I know it's pretty new but I have yet to see one person on it.
Another swing and a miss by CMLC, all that rink did was destroy what was left of the X-Country trails and also promptly flooded the pathways.

It probably didn't help that they build the rink in February, instead of you know, at the start of winter. I hope it's not temporary though, as that would be a bigger waste considering the timing.

I go for a daily walk after lunch (yeah, I'm like an old grandpa) and so far this winter there has been exactly one day where I saw anyone using the cross country trails. Granted, the snow conditions haven't been great there this year, but thats not getting much use either.

Back