News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

D

dob467

Anyone hear rumours of an Urban Outfitters moving to West Queen West?

I've heard Urban Outfitters has been looking for a bigger spot for a long time. Every other one that I've been into is so much bigger. Montreal's is twice the size! I think if it were to open a WQW location, they should keep the Eaton Centre area one open, since they don't serve identical markets.

Maybe the new Eaton Centre addition is connected via where the Dundas Mall used to be, underground one floor, and then an elevator to street level. Who knows? I don't know about there being a Mark's downtown. I'm surprised, however, that there isn't one at Yonge and Church's Canadian Tire (they seem to be pairing up these days after CT bought MWW).

^^^I've heard they were looking for a bigger site as well. The Urban Outfitters on Yonge is half the size as the one on Ste-Catherine in Montréal... I used to have friends that worked at UO as well! Are you talking about Jeffrey?

^^^I've heard they were looking for a bigger site as well. The Urban Outfitters on Yonge is half the size as the one on Ste-Catherine in Montréal... I used to have friends that worked at UO as well! Are you talking about Jeffrey?
Nope, not Jeffrey. I think they plan on keeping Yonge St open though. I'm pretty sure this would be a 2nd store.

New F.Y.I...HMV is super-rushing a new store to be open this spring at Eglinton E & Laird's.

Just got in from a late-evening stroll and noticed a few things:

*The Buffalo store on Yonge Street is definitely just renovating. They have a big "renovation" sign now in the window.

*Urban Outfitters has blocked off half their store and there's a big sign on their window saying to "excuse their mess" as they "renovate & expand." Considering they have nowhere to expand, I think it means they finally got the second floor of the building (which from streetlevel looks as if it's empty) and are expanding vertically.

*Henry's Camera at Queen E & Church now has a big sign up advertising their coming "renovations."

Thanks for the updates Darkstar!

That's too bad about Buffalo. I think that wouldn't be a bad space for another store (maybe Urban Outfitters;)

I hope they still get another store. It's so crowded there!

Good news. Henry's always seemed cobbled together whenever I've been.

Anyone notice the neww Urban Outfitters going into the new building on Queen St. West west of Spadina? And the Mexx (north side) and H&M (South side) on Wueen West as well?

I must be going crazy, but I was walking by Queen west of Spadina yesterday, and I can't find the sign saying Urban Outfitters was going there. Did anyone else see that, or does anyone know anything about this?

Urban Outfitters on Queen

And it turns out I'm NOT crazy! There is a sign saying Urban Outfitters is going into the Queen West (west of Spadina) spot I had earlier said. I had gone by a week ago and the sign was gone (it was actually to the right of where I was looking). I emailed UO even, and they said it wasn't slated to open. I went by today again, and the sign is there!

I don't know if this was mentioned already, but Urban Outfitters is opening another location on Queen, west of Spadina, on the south side.

Meanwhile, the Gap has reopened its location on Queen after months of renovations, only to close again today after it flooded.

On the annoyance front, New Era's Toronto Flagship store has opened... and subsequently, large gold foiled stickers (resembling the ones on their caps) celebrating this are polluting lamp standards, sidewalks, signal boxes all along the strip. For the life of me, I will never understand the allure of keeping such things onto your cap, let alone the straight rims.

Photo taken January 18. Urban Outfitters building west of Spadina is nearing completion.

2204053421_a26945407d_b.jpg

I find most new buildings on Queen West to be quite dissapointing, with this one being no exception...

Back