News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Tally one up for the straight guys here. I actually found it odd that there aren't more women on the board, but I guess pictures of skyscrapers aren't exactly a major thing for most females. Go figure.

I actually found it odd that there aren't more women on the board, but I guess pictures of skyscrapers aren't exactly a major thing for most females. Go figure.

But urbanism, and the history thereof, can be--I'd almost think/wish the historic photo threads might have more "girl appeal" than the skyscraper/new construction wank.

Or maybe it's just the penis-sy nature of message boards. Like, if you're not a homosexual aesthete, you're a latently homosexual anti-aesthete (i.e. Libertrollians). And sometimes, as with Fresh Start, latency and reality can overlap...

I for one am quite interested in urbanism, am straight, and prefer to listen and learn, and if needed, ask questions or stick my foot in my mouth as I am quite human. By contrast I know someone who professes to be Bi but hates urbanism, and prefers to surround himself with 20-somes to feel superior and justify his "dark" past.

In my experience people fabricate or only promote narrow perceptions to prove their point for survival, for good or bad, that's the nature of propaganda and ignorance. And this is why I don't see the need for labels, they only lessen who we are as individuals and promote stereotypes.

Very interesting indeed...I had the same hypothesis...that there were a high number of gays on this site. Decided to see if there was a thread, and found this one.

I don't think anyone is going overboard, I was simply pandering to the crowd to establish my liberal credentials. Did I not sound adequately sincere?

Maybe you should include some tears at a specific juncture.

That being said, LAz did go a long way to truly highlighting your list. The contrast was rather stark.

This is also true to the School of Planning at Waterloo. There is a lot of homosexuals in the programs and just in my year too. That being said there is also a lot of females and straight males. Some of the most loved and respected professors at our school are straight and/or female.

But I would like to add that a lot of heterosexuals take the urban design specialization our school offers because it helps with getting into architecture and landscape architect graduate schools.

So maybe homosexuals are attracted to urban issues and development but I see it as our society becoming more open to homosexuality. And really, cities in NA could use a little more gay magic.

And really, cities in NA could use a little more gay magic.

I agree

images

Back