News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I never found out if they allow SLR's but what I saw was encouraging.

I disassembled the camera hanging the body with its strap over my shoulder under my jacket and the lens in a pocket in the back of the jacket.

They were patting people down so I knew I was gonna get caught. I took my girlfriend's bottle of water and when I got to the front of the line, I asked the guy if I could take it in, distracted him with the bottle and he forgot to pat me down..lol

Nonetheless, later in the game, I walked around with the camera perfectly visible and nobody stopped me so I'm not sure.

Who cares, I got some amazing photos using a 200mm lens! :D

Pat-downs at a Leafs game? Seems kind of severe... even at MSG in New York, it's only wanding. Is that common practice?

Yeah, Ive gone to 14 games this season and at every one they were randomly patting people down. I entered through the Union Station passage if that's relevant.

Nonetheless, I've taken my big camera in, in plain view a couple of times and they don't seem to care.

Ugh... wanding is tolerable, but pat-downs are just a touch too personal for my liking. How "random" is "random"? I'm thinking of going to Toronto for a game or two.. but to be honest... I'm just not into anything too personal on pat-downs... past experiences have made me this way I suppose!

Back