News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

jade lee, keithZ,

You two are great sparring partners. I'm a fencing coach. Ought to have you two over for a lesson in the basics and you can bout it out, and shake hands afterwards. I enjoy both your posts. It's easy to see how political opinions spring from personal values belief systems.

Carry on.:)

I used to fence in university...I would mind a round or two....as long as I don't get accused of not being Canadian enough...because I like fencing!

CIA was involved, no doubt. Just like 911....

Yep, just imagine thousands of employees at the CIA and not one ever spoke up about killing Americans on 9/11 or in this case whacking the best ally the US would have had in Pakistan. Now if they had offed Hamid Gul or kidnapped AQ Khan, I doubt anyone would be complaining.

I used to fence in university...I would mind a round or two....as long as I don't get accused of not being Canadian enough...because I like fencing!

Foil, sabre or epee? I'm exclusively foil.:)

1900_Olympic_Games_Official_Postcar.jpg

Saggies?

For me fencing seemed a natural extension of learning sword drill during basic officer training. I always thought it kind of funny that I learned to carry a sword on parade but never learned to ever use on in any sort of a more sporting manner. They certainly don't have the same approach to a rifle in the military.

ps. before the thread gets totally jacked...can we all agree that the suggestion that Cheney offed Bhutto is ridiculous?

Mustapha,

I have enjoyed your photography here.
Tennis is my game.

Thanks!

My opinion on Cheney on this issue I would rather keep to myself, but as an anecdote, I was at a conference at the Royal York back in 02. Cheney was giving a speech. The security arrangements were breath taking. The 427 and Gardiner eastbound were shut down for his inbound convoy. There must have been 20 Metro cop motorcycle outriders. In the room where the speech was given we were locked in. The speech in style and substance was a lecture. There isn't anything remotely likeable about this hawkish draft deferrer.

The suggestion that America would employ torture is also ridiculous but it happened.

Care to present evidence to back up your assertion that Bhutto was killed by Cheney? Forget evidence, give us logic as to why the US would kill off its best hope in the region? The neo-cons in particular loved Bhutto, especially as a hedge against Sharif. I think Baitullah Mehsud offing her is a far more likely explanation. If she had gotten elected there is no doubt that she would have cracked the whip on the Pakistan military and the Pakistani Taliban insurgents.

Thanks!

My opinion on Cheney on this issue I would rather keep to myself, but as an anecdote, I was at a conference at the Royal York back in 02. Cheney was giving a speech. The security arrangements were breath taking. The 427 and Gardiner eastbound were shut down for his inbound convoy. There must have been 20 Metro cop motorcycle outriders. In the room where the speech was given we were locked in. The speech in style and substance was a lecture. There isn't anything remotely likeable about this hawkish draft deferrer.

He was the US VP at the time though, so that kind of security is to be expected. You should have seen the security Obama got for his visit to Ottawa. They welded every manhole shut along the primary and alternate route. I work on Colonel By and his motorcade past right by my building. I have never ever seen that much security in Ottawa, not for our own PM or GG, not for any protests they have and not even for the Queen. So I don't doubt that the security was high. But what you are describing is probably less than what Bush (when he was Pres) or Obama would have gotten if they were visiting TO.

"Care to present evidence to back up your assertion that Bhutto was killed by Cheney? Forget evidence, give us logic as to why the US would kill off its best hope in the region? The neo-cons in particular loved Bhutto, especially as a hedge against Sharif. I think Baitullah Mehsud offing her is a far more likely explanation. If she had gotten elected there is no doubt that she would have cracked the whip on the Pakistan military and the Pakistani Taliban insurgents."

Not my assertion, American Journo's and so on and so on.

I suppose Bhutto had many enemies. Cheney was one of them. Look who the American government aligned America with shortly after 911. They accepted the words as truth from a dictator, who with a military bent would benefit from the racket we now know as a failed war in Afghanistan which is spreading rapidly into Pakistan and believed that Musharraf himself would join their cause. It's not getting better over there, just bigger, spreading.

^You've still offered no evidence that Cheney ordered the death of Bhutto.

It's clear from the vast majority of your posts that you don't understand what evidence is.

I worked at 361 University Ave. for almost 4 years observing evidence presented daily, I do know what evidence is. I also know what the exceptions are.

Back