News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

LOL

Actually the phrase Toronto Unlimited doesn't make sense for a city, an identity. It sounds like a marketing slogan for a corporation or product, not a city identity.

Who got paid for this advertising campaign? I'd like to have the next project. I could easily make a snazzy logo and phrase for $5,000,000 or even discounted at $500,000.

Not that this list is worth anything, but interesting that three Canadian cities appear on it.

It seems like Australia is outgunning us.

I wonder about Melbourne (?) - I have never heard anyone mention the city in a conversation in my life. I'm sure it's very nice but as a 'brand' I don't see it.

Ahead of Los Angeles??? The list absurd. Period. Full Stop.

original article said:
In fact, lists are a dangerous delusion, reminiscent of the way Toronto once kept calling itself a world-class city, oblivious to the fact a world-class city never needs to say it.

I just love how Vancouver, and most of Canada for that matter, takes a jab at Toronto every chance it gets. Says something about the classiness of other cities (or at least the Sun's editors in this case). At least Toronto doesn't try to insult its fellow Canadian cities all the time.

We're too busy being the largest and most important Canadian city for that anyway :p

Melbourne and Sydney are both really attractive cities. Considering the climate, you can make a very strong case for Sydney being close to the most attractive city in the world. That being said, it has a bit of the Vancouver feeling; a feeling of being just a little bit empty, not quite right. It's still great and all, but Melbourne feels a little more like a real city. Melbourne's so much like Toronto, if only we had preserved all of our historic buildings (and had more impressive ones to begin with), and didn't freeze our asses off for six months of the year.

At least Toronto doesn't try to insult its fellow Canadian cities all the time.

Ever read a John Barber column?

Back